U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: IS Governor Palin is Ready to be Commander in Chief on Day One!
Yes! Governor Palin is Ready to be Commander in Chief should it be neccessary. 89 35.89%
No. I'm not certain Governor Palin is ready to be a heartbeat away. 159 64.11%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 01:36 PM

500 posts, read 600,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Doesn't matter. It's not relevant to this thread.

IS Governor Sarah Palin ready to lead the United States should Senator McCain be unable to?

He is only not relevant because we all know the answer. Palin runs circles around "The Messiah" as far as experience goes. I bet it would be relevant if the tables were turned. Your question is not even a real question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 01:37 PM

161 posts, read 251,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
She has accomplishments...and Obama has zero, just lack of judgment. This beautiful looking lady has accomplished many things in her life, in public office and has proven to have a great family and now her son is going to serve in Iraq, wow....toff call for Obama the whiner and Biden.....they look so ugly now....
What has she accomplished? Why is her physical appearance important? Would you consider saying that a male candidate is handsome? If having a family suddenly qualifies them to run the country then sign me up!

12,647 posts, read 9,127,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Is Senator Obama ready should McCain not be able to?
He does have something to do with the thread because he is the nominee of the other major party.

No he doesn't. You can certainly start a thread discussing this, I'm certain many folks would love to discuss it. This thread discusses the Governor's readiness to be Commander in Chief should the need arise. Has nothing to do with the other candidates. It is a direct question meant to assess and discuss the Governor's qualifications for the Office she has been selected for.

3,256 posts, read 3,267,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama was not picked by the people. Without the super delegates, he wouldn't be there. Hillary got 18 million....remember???? Obama is the classic face of affirmative action. How embarrassing to the U.S.
The superdelegates are legitimate members of our process. I am sorry it is too difficult for you to grasp.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:38 PM

5,748 posts, read 7,318,101 times
I would rather see our first female Vice President be a woman with all of her children grown or nearly so. I cannot fathom a mother of a young disabled child being potential Commander-In-Chief. It's not her time... yet.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:39 PM

161 posts, read 251,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
He is only not relevant because we all know the answer. Palin runs circles around "The Messiah" as far as experience goes. I bet it would be relevant if the tables were turned. Your question is not even a real question.
His question is the reason for the thread...there are plenty of other threads to debate about the different pieces of this election. However this particular thread is concerned with the reasons why or why not Sarah Palin is ready to be Commander in Chief. Perhaps if you can't find a thread that involves the conversation you wish to have, you should start your own.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:41 PM

12,647 posts, read 9,127,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Of course it is. You've certainly decided to answer it by ignoring the question and diverting to attacks on the Senator who is not a subject of this thread. Why is that? Why not list the Governor's accomplishments and defend her ability to lead this Nation as Commander in Chief of the Most Powerful Military in the World and the Greatest Economy on the Planet should the need arise?

Old 08-29-2008, 01:51 PM

372 posts, read 569,825 times
We can make this into a math problem.

First we need to set a factor in for experience of all 4 parties involved.

Obama = 25 months as a US Senator, prior to announcing his candidacy. 7 Years as a state senator. On a scale of 1-10 I give that a 3 for experience.
Biden = 36 years as a US Senator. I'll give him a 10.

McCain = 26 years as a Congressman. I'll give him a 9.
Palin = 20 months as a governor. I'll give her a 2.

We can debate on the merits of my chosen experience levels later.

Now lets throw in some mortality figures.
McCain's chances of death = 50% (Seriously... he's old)
Obama's chances of death = 10% (There's always a nut with a gun)

Obama as president (.9 x 2) + the chance of Biden as Commander and Chief (.10 x 10) = 2.8 experience points.
McCain as president (0.5 x 9) = chance of Palin as Commander and Chief (.5 x 2) = 5.5 experience points.

Because the person with all the experience is in the presidential position on the ticket, the GOP wins the Great Experience Point Equation of 2008.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:59 PM

571 posts, read 548,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
This "change" seems to be a moving target.

Biden agrees with Obama on some issues. Biden was chosen partly because he fills a gap for Obama in foreign policy. If you're going to say that Biden being an insider doesn't alter the "change" point because Obama will be governing, then by that logic, we're back to his inexperience on foreign policy.
He doesnt affect issues he affects the experince
Historically that is how it has been with VPs

We want to hear about the one going for president on the issues.
Biden experince helps as an advisor not on issues again

For Palin case McCain just wanted to get hil supporters that is the only thing i can see good about her politically. only booster i can see McCain getting by this.

Biden agrees with Obama 90% of the time not some issues lol dont spin that

He was chosen for the experience.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:59 PM

9,047 posts, read 16,465,838 times
I'm sure if Gov Palin were President she would pick a VP with more experience than herself to help her (just like Obama has done).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections