U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: IS Governor Palin is Ready to be Commander in Chief on Day One!
Yes! Governor Palin is Ready to be Commander in Chief should it be neccessary. 89 35.89%
No. I'm not certain Governor Palin is ready to be a heartbeat away. 159 64.11%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:38 AM

1,964 posts, read 1,658,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Did you mean Governor Palin?
Hey walidm! Great thread. No, Barbie meant that Cindy McCain said that Sarah Palin had foreign policy experience because Alaska is relatively close to Russia.

Here's the video:

YouTube - Palin has security experience b/c Alaska is close to Russia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 03:38 AM

18,414 posts, read 16,126,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
What I have seen & read about Governor Palin is basically positive in the ethical areas where so many Republicans fail including Ms Palin's state senator. But who would consider an individual with such limited experience in world issues?

Republicans are likely concerned as well.
Meaning Democrats don't have ethics problems?

Old 09-02-2008, 03:43 AM

12,544 posts, read 11,972,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
What I have seen & read about Governor Palin is basically positive in the ethical areas where so many Republicans fail including Ms Palin's state senator. But who would consider an individual with such limited experience in world issues?

Republicans are likely concerned as well.
Pray tell what are Obamas world issues experience?

Old 09-02-2008, 05:48 AM

12,647 posts, read 9,062,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Pray tell what are Obamas world issues experience?

I apologize perhaps you selected the wrong thread to post in. This thread is not about Senator Obama. This thread is to discuss Governor Palin's experience to be Commander in Chief of the United States while we are at War and in the midst of an Economic crisis.This thread is to question whether or not Governor Palin is ready to lead the United States of America on Day One. A Vice President must be ready to step in as President.

This is the Most Critical Job Requirement of the Vice President of the United States of America.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Meaning Democrats don't have ethics problems?
This thread is not about the Democrats ethics problems. You may certainly start a thread to discuss this and I'm certain many will wish to join you.

This thread discusses whether Governor Palin is ready to be Commander in Chief and lead the United States on Day ONE. You can certainly discuss her ethics, why you believe she is strong in that area as it relates to her readiness to be a representative of the United States citizens on the World stage as well as speak for the citizens of the United States in matters of Foreign Policy and the Economy.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Where's the "Best MILF in recent political history" option?
Sorry, The only option is to convince everyone that based upon the Governors qualifications she is ready to Commander in Chief on Day ONE.

Pretty simple.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:07 AM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,057 posts, read 2,022,752 times
Palin is not ready to be Commander in Chief

Obama is not ready to be Commander in Chief

At least the GOP put the candidate with the slim resume in the #2 spot.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Hey walidm! Great thread. No, Barbie meant that Cindy McCain said that Sarah Palin had foreign policy experience because Alaska is relatively close to Russia.

Here's the video:

YouTube - Palin has security experience b/c Alaska is close to Russia
This is perhaps one of the scariest things I have heard as a qualification presented by Senator McCain and the Governor. The fact that we would have the World's most powerful military and an Armada of Nuclear Weapons sitting behind this mindset is chilling.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:51 AM

2,134 posts, read 1,680,421 times
Are you kidding, surely after watching Palin in Michigan and on CBS that was enough was'nt it? even If you are a republican.
How much more evidence do you want to see for god sake!
My wife and I have been have been watching US elections since the sixties, and Palin Is, Im afraid, the worst candidate I've seen In an American, or for that matter a British general election.
She Is a good looking woman, but that's all there Is, Intellectually there's not much there. To think of her as the president of the united states should be enough to put the wind up us all, except Vladimir Putin I'm sure that he would be very happy Indeed.
Please look beyond party loyalty & Fox news, If McCain were to die In office, would you honestly like Palins finger on the button, the thought of It frightens me to death.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:45 AM

1,964 posts, read 1,658,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This is perhaps one of the scariest things I have heard as a qualification presented by Senator McCain and the Governor. The fact that we would have the World's most powerful military and an Armada of Nuclear Weapons sitting behind this mindset is chilling.
I agree, although I think "chilling" is putting it mildly. IMO, it's more like "mind-blowingly terrifying."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections