Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IS Governor Palin is Ready to be Commander in Chief on Day One!
Yes! Governor Palin is Ready to be Commander in Chief should it be neccessary. 89 35.89%
No. I'm not certain Governor Palin is ready to be a heartbeat away. 159 64.11%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:15 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It has everything to do with this thread.

Mayors, Governors and Presidents are leaders.

Council members, Senators, and Representatives are followers.
You're entitled to your opinion, but not the fact that it has nothing to do with this thread and is not part of the discussion. You're welcome to start a thread discussing this, I'm certain many wish to discuss it with you.

The topic of this thread is -
IS Governor Sarah Palin ready to lead the United States should Senator McCain be unable to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 02:02 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Well, at least 2/3rd of those in this poll do not have their head in their as&. OMG. Come on. Gimme a break. One beat away from the presidency and there are 33% in this poll who are morons? God, this is so scary.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:05 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, at least 2/3rd of those in this poll do not have their head in their as&. OMG. Come on. Gimme a break. One beat away from the presidency and there are 33% in this poll who are morons? God, this is so scary.
so because people are not "certain" she is ready they are morons?

thats a pretty moronic statement.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:17 AM

Default The topic is -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
so because people are not "certain" she is ready they are morons?

thats a pretty moronic statement.

IS Governor Sarah Palin ready to lead the United States should Senator McCain be unable to?

Old 08-31-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
What's scary?

Old 08-31-2008, 02:27 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
The whole thing reminds me of Harriet Myers...

Old 08-31-2008, 02:30 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
there's not enough on record regarding her judgment to make that decision so if i had to vote today i would be forced to say no.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:22 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Walid, I would have preferred a candidate with more experience, yes. Whether she can rise to the occasion should McCain fall ill (or dead), I don't know. I do know that sometimes old problems are better approached with a fresh outlook. Perhaps she will provide that.

I am much less concerned about her lack of experience as someone in the #2 position than I am about Obama's lack of experience in the #1 position. I understand that you want the discussion to stay on track with regard to Palin's qualifications, but it is nearly impossible to discuss this while ignoring Obama's glaring deficiency, because ultimately we all have to make a choice between these two parties -- a comparison is inevitable. When I consider all four candidates, I fear for our country that this is the best we could produce.

As to her qualifications -- she does have executive experience. She has run a government at the state level. She has shown herself to be independent and tenacious, making difficult decisions in the face of opposition.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:10 AM

711 posts, read 933,104 times
Smile The odd couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAlaskan View Post
Our Governor, Sarah Palin, has just been chosen as Senator McCain’s Vice Presidential running mate. I live in Alaska and feel that our Governor is not someone whom I would want to have the responsibilities of being the President, should anything ever happen to Senator McCain. Due to his age, this is entirely possible.

I went to a debate at our University here, when she was running for Governor. She really lost the debate, but also her actions afterwards, were those of a 16 year old. After the debate, all the candidates had booths set up and pamphlets, so that we could meet and talk with them. After the debate, she came running out, “red-faced,” and ran into the bathroom. Then she told all her helpers to pack up her booth and the pamphlets and she left in a huff. No one was able to get to know anything about her. It was obvious that she had been embarrassed and overreacted to her loss. I decided that I did not want to vote for someone who was so childish, and could not even take the loss of a debate in stride.

There are many things being said about her, such as her role in selling our previous governors’ jet and signing into law benefits for same sex unions. However, the people of Alaska were calling her and our legislators, requesting that the jet be sold. The Alaskan courts decided in favor of the benefits for same sex unions, not her. I do not feel that these show anything about her leadership abilities. Her popularity in Alaska has been due to her “image,” but the people did not like her policies that she implemented. Even her role in settling the gas pipeline, really came from the United States Congress mandating that these policies be accepted, not from Pain. She is indeed, a “puppet” rather than a person who should have any stake in potentially leading this nation.

While starting to be investigated for the abuse of power, when she was said to have “harassed” and gotten the police Commissioner fired due to a family feud, she immediately passed a bill giving Alaskans extra money due to the high gasoline prices. Our legislature has hired an independent investigator to look at these charges and at this time, it has not been settled. She tried very hard to buy her popularity, not earn it by passing good legislation. As an Alaskan, I do not feel that she has the experience, nor the leadership qualities, that we need if she were to become the President.
This is a very interesting post--seems like few read it or chose to ignore it.

Looks like Olive Oil & Geezer McSame are very acceptable here!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:40 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times
Where's the "Best MILF in recent political history" option?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections