Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,233,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
He doesn't give a sheight whether or not she's ready, and if you think he does, your just ignorant. All this lame old fart is trying to do is snatch up the hillary feminist movement. It smacks of desperation and I think by the end of next week he will have lost this election. Makes me happy...
Indeed. How dare McCain trick those poor feminists. He's just patronizing them by assuming they don't know any better. Unlike you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,381,994 times
hahaha time will tell. I think it's a great thing, and I'm finally excited to vote.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:42 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,800,100 times
Well, the Soviet Union collapsed b/c of an incompetent leader and policies. Now the US will probably collapse if McCain were to die in office and this ***** were to become the president.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:42 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,835,228 times
I dont know. He may have just lost mine. I dont know anything about this Alaskan woman other than she's kinda hot. I need to do some research on her for more information.

With all the other possible veep candidates out there, it looks like he picked her just to pick up some of Hillary's "woman votes". Not good.

He should have gone with Lieberman or Ridge.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:44 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,930,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Ah, the question is not how much he has lost, for I am sure it is few--but how many he's gained.

If you liked McCain before, you should like him even more as a result of his choice.

If you go from McCain to Obama, you were never a valid Republican to begin with, and I say, don't let the door hit ya!
Nope... I'm not a blind ticket voter. I vote the issues. Since neither one is more of a proponent for the issues I value more than the other, the personalities and record become the factor.

I think that Romney would have been the more effective choice, but not necessarily the smarter one. Of course.. all the women that are just sheep will swing their votes. How is that any worse?

All the women that clamored that it wasn't Hillary being a woman but what she stood for are swinging votes to someone who has different views. How is that different than me? Except that all along I have been on the fence as an Independent with conservative leaning?

I think he picked the less effective choice for the more popular for the votes. Just as his party should. He may have just pulled off the victory.. but not with my vote.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:44 AM

575 posts, read 1,509,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
He doesn't give a sheight whether or not she's ready, and if you think he does, your just ignorant. All this lame old fart is trying to do is snatch up the hillary feminist movement. It smacks of desperation and I think by the end of next week he will have lost this election. Makes me happy...
I doubt very much that Sarah Palin will sway any square jawed, crew cut, plaid shirt wearing Hillary supporters.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:45 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,603,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Oh, yeah. Texas. BIG Obama state.

Palin is a lifetime member of the NRA, and an avid angler and hunter.

Your vote just got buried even deeper.

Dead on right.

He just gained millions of new voters and added millions of Hillary voters.

The loons are attacking someone who is very very successful, the MOST popular governor in America and turned Alaska around and got rid of wasteful spending.

McCain just won this election. Its over !

Notice no one is covering Nobama, not media the commi news.

Cannot wait to see Nobama file a lawsuit to shut down this news.

By the way, a good smart woman and balance work and family with ease. She has already done that.

Biden has special needs, its called Obama supporters, they all have special needs.

69,368 posts, read 63,839,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I can say one for sure... mine!

First, I'm not saying that I'm not voting McCain's ticket because she's a woman. Let's get that out now. Here's the problems with her that I have:

1. McCain has been touting Obama's lack of experience as the reason he's a better choice. Now, he picks a VP nominee with less experience than Obama, both in age and in politics.

2. He picks a person with a possible special needs child. I don't know how effective she will be as a parent and a VP to fill that child's need. May not be as big an issue, but it adds.

3. McCain's age/health has always been an issue. If Obama is not ready with the experience he has (more than Palin) and his age, if something were to happen to McCain, what makes him think she's ready?

4. She's virtually an unknown and untested quantity.

McCain... you just screwed up!! Had you picked Romney, I know many people on the fence around where I live (Texas) that would have jumped on the ticket to vote. Now... not only have you lost our votes... but gave them to your competitor. Bad move!
1) She is the ONLY candidate with executive experience..
2) So now because people are parents, they cant run for office? Wait, I think that means Clinton, Obama, McCain are all unqualified.. Oooh, that part that she didnt abort a special needs child is what you meant..
3) Obama does not have more experience then Palin, try again. She has balanced budgets, Obama NEVER has..
4) So was Obama.. And the Clintons, whats your point?

Admit it, your upset because the nomination is female, its ok.. you'll feel better if you just tell the truth.

2,260 posts, read 3,869,196 times
you must be new at this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
He just lost the election.

Period.

If he had hired a team of experts from think tanks across the globe and asked what was the most hoplessly idiotic thing he could do to guarantee he would lose the election, this would be it.

This will go down in history as the single greatest gaff by a presidential party nominee who had a chance at winning.

If this is true, then he also does not deserve to be president. He's clearly lost his mind.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,834,010 times
Interesting question.

On the one hand it adds some excitement to an otherwise hum drum candidate. On the other hand, is this an example of good judgement? The election has only 60 some days to go, and McCain chooses a relatively unknown person who undermines the republican's best argument against Obama.

If McCain really had good judgement he would have paved the way for her long before this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections