Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:09 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Since when is abortion a key issue in this year's election?

Abortions will be available as long as people are irresponsible enough to require them. In other words: forever. Abortion is a "demand" problem, not a "supply" problem. (And no, I'm not talking about abortions for cases of rape and incest, so don't even start...)
You're missing the point. Sort of like McCain did when he thought he could woo Hillary voters by picking Palin as a running mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 12:10 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,229 times
Will a woman help McCain? I dont think so....this is what happened the last time we had a woman running mate. (Mondale ran with Geraldine Ferraro)...WOW even liberal New York State voted for Reagan.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,722 times
Team Obama is probably going to go on Vacation. This woman is virtually unknown. She did what? A mayor for a town with 9,000 people then a governor of Eskimos in Alaska, and now a wha?t VP. Wow. I guess McInsane is confused.....he must think the elections are six months away.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:26 PM

Lets face it, McCain will lose some of the white male conservative vote because a number of hardcore "good ole boy" male republicans will not not support a woman candidate or a candidate that has a woman on the ticket. Even if he gains SOME Hillary fans (which would have happened anyway), he'll lose some of the white male conservative vote. McCain may have trouble in the south and then add to the fact that the black vote in the south will surge.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:34 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Net it is probably a positive for McGeezer.
x% Hillary voters (minority but its a pick up) 17%? (1 in 6)
Solidify most right wingnut by picking a pro lifer
Lose a very small number of ultra rightwingnut "keep em preggers" males.

and gender does NOT cause landslides against whoever has a female running mate.
Ronnie made a monkey out of Mondale. Ferraro was along for the ride.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Net it is probably a positive for McGeezer.
x% Hillary voters (minority but its a pick up) 17%? (1 in 6)
Solidify most right wingnut by picking a pro lifer
Lose a very small number of ultra rightwingnut "keep em preggers" males.

and gender does NOT cause landslides against whoever has a female running mate.
Ronnie made a monkey out of Mondale. Ferraro was along for the ride.
The point is having a woman on the ticket doesnt mean that women are going to ban together and support the candidate. Obama seems to be making a monkey out of McCain now

Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Lets face it, McCain will lose some of the white male conservative vote because a number of hardcore "good ole boy" male republicans will not not support a woman candidate or a candidate that has a woman on the ticket. Even if he gains SOME Hillary fans (which would have happened anyway), he'll lose some of the white male conservative vote. McCain may have trouble in the south and then add to the fact that the black vote in the south will surge.
A black person said to me when I ask if they were voting for Hillary or Obama:
"color trumps sex".

In McCains case, those "good ole boys" will vote for a white woman before they will vote for a black man.

Sad, but true. McCain will not lose any good ole boys.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:48 PM

289 posts, read 362,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Actually, I'm a registered Independent, and a Hillary supporter. I've been leaning towards McCain for awhile now, and with his VP pick I might still vote for him. The one thing about Palin that disturbs me most is her wish to drill for oil, but on the flip side I'm equally concerned about Obama's lack of experience. I just cannot bring myself to vote for Obama, but I might vote for McCain. I think one thing that many people forget, Independents don't necessarily agree entirely with either Democrats or Republicans---we just pick who we think would do the best job overall.
All I can say is Wow. So you are one of those supporters that were only voting for Hillary because she was a woman. Very shallow don't you think. Don't say you agreed with her policy because both her and Obama and the democrats have the same policy. And as Hillary would say the difference is Stark between them and McCain. People like you set us woman back years.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:52 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Lightbulb How many votes did McCain just gained....18 million?

Probably more like 18,000.

Palin isn't going to draw in anyone who wasn't leaning towards McCain anyway.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
What about Colorado, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Michigan, and Minnesota?
Oh, I disagree. Her story is one that the average American can relate to. The American dream. Remember, she is a gun-toting huntress, she fishes, she plays outdoors. Her HUSBAND (WOW!!) is a union member who is also a gun-toting hunter and champion snowmobiler. They relate VERY well to those in appalachia.

Oh yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections