Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Nor do the sacrifices and contributions of others deserve to be dishonoured by those in the infantry. As an veteran of the USAF, I get kind of tired of hearing the crap all the time. Just because you are in the infantry does not make you God. You do your job and I do mine.
HOOAH. I know cooks that have fired rounds in combat. This war isnt frontline fights everyone else is safe. A commo guy could be blown up just as easy as a Infantrymen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 09:04 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Captain Beau Biden is a JAG. My understanding is that he will be stationed in a forward-facing position, but cannot confirm for sure, nor, should we, for security reasons.
Why would JAG be in a foward unit? Just asking .

Old 08-29-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Why would JAG be in a foward unit? Just asking .
If there are accusations that some one did something illegal they go out and look into it. A real pain in the butt, but they are there UGH.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
No, but as blacks tend to have higher levels of poverty, it indicates an overall trend that those who enlist generally are of lower socioeconomic status. Which is why they (blacks) are overrepresented in the armed forces.
You just might be wrong on that, who said blacks are over represented? The same crap was said during VN, truth is they pretty much mirrored the population as they do today + - a point or 2.
One branch and specialties might have a higher % then the other but it pretty much evens out. Will you find a underrepresentation of blacks in say NavAir or the SEALS? Probably but those fields may not attract them or since blacks growing up were more at home on a basketball court in a city then a beach or pool water may not interest them as much or there may even be a fear of the water.

TomPaine.com - Military Misconceptions
"Despite the widely held—and voiced—misconceptions about the military, the most recent Department of Defense population study paints an ethnic picture of new recruits and officers that looks fairly similar to the civilian population. In the enlisted force (versus the officer corps) African Americans make up 16 percent of new recruits, compared to 14 percent of civilians of comparable age (between 18 and 24 years old.) Hispanics make up 11 percent of new recruits, compared to 16 percent of comparable civilians. “Other” minority categories make up 6 percent of new recruits, compared to 5 percent of comparable civilians."

Old 08-30-2008, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Now you hit a spot. I am in the Guard. We arent part time in Iraq, we fight along with everyone else. Dont you in anyway diminish us because we serve one weekend every month. We arent the same as active Army tell that to the families of the 3 men from My state died with in the past year

So this BS that you didnt write this just that BS. You posted it so YOU must agree with it, otherwise why post it?

Proving sadly while the military is a great organization we still have members with NO class.
Relax Nut, I, in no way am diminishing your service. Nope, you ain't playing Guard anymore, fast forward to the bigtime, you are integrated. Bidens son whom this is about remains to be seen. Will he be doing a Stars and Stripes tour like Owlgore? I dunno but we'll eventually find out. Stay safe, keep your head out of your *** and watch your 6.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
As the widow of a Nam Marine, I find your post both insulting and ridiculous. My late husband was a wonderful artist. He knew more about nature than any other person I have ever met. He was a funny, quirky Irishman and he was intelligent and brave. And there are many, many more like him who served with honor and do not deserve to be dishonored by you.
Bless him LML, his sacrifice (nor he to his family and friends) is not forgotten.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Relax Nut, I, in no way am diminishing your service. Nope, you ain't playing Guard anymore, fast forward to the bigtime, you are integrated. Bidens son whom this is about remains to be seen. Will he be doing a Stars and Stripes tour like Owlgore? I dunno but we'll eventually find out. Stay safe, keep your head out of your *** and watch your 6.
Thank you. Im just saying theres alot of BS out there about the Guard being a bunch of morons and F!@# Ups. I think you fine that in any branch but in all we are pretty squared away.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:46 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
No difference. Both are serving. Trippy Palin (or whatever his name is) chose to serve in the infantry. Capt. Biden chose to be a JAG.

Difference is HUGE however he certainly has served which is more than I can say for Limbaugh that vile creature and Hannity-Oreilly-Coulter

Old 08-30-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
HOOAH. I know cooks that have fired rounds in combat. This war isnt frontline fights everyone else is safe. A commo guy could be blown up just as easy as a Infantrymen.
--------

Yes ,but Infantry is the mos with the highest casualty the nature of the job as you know is to put troop's on the ground and look/search for the enemy.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
If there are accusations that some one did something illegal they go out and look into it. A real pain in the butt, but they are there UGH.

That's rare JAG is usually with HQ and certainly in shelter not out there in the field fighting but again JAG or not . It's more than Rush Limbaugh and many of his neocon listener's

Though some here served and listen to that disgusting hypocrite .
I am puzzled by it but that's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections