Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:11 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Only in your little lady mommy cookie baking opinion ....
Wow, is this the best you can do? Juvenile name calling? Way to hit it out of the park!

Quote:

I haven't read ONE fact in your posts ..
You haven't? I guess you need to go back in this thread and read a little.

Quote:
Now, go fetch my slippers and make it fast!
I thought you were a "woman" Democrat? I mean, you sure were clarifying that fact for me in this thread! I think you probably can surmise from my posts that I wouldn't fetch jack sh*t for you or any other person that placed such a demand on me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 02:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Only in your little lady mommy cookie baking opinion ....

Again, you're totally blind to that which you choose not to see like the rambling rants of repubs like sunshinechick.....blinders firmly in place.....

I haven't read ONE fact in your posts ..

Now, go fetch my slippers and make it fast!
I think you may be interested in the what is an elitist thread.....

Old 08-29-2008, 02:59 PM

210 posts, read 671,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Apparently so.

I did not expect the comments from Dems about her beauty, her 5 kids, or her being a working mom. I thought that was part of your platform. I think it shows a desperation on your part that you have to resort to calling the Governor of Alaska "Miss Alaska".

Psst...lady Dems....come over to the Dark Side. We have cookies.
Ummm do some research: From Wikipedia:

In 1984, Palin won the Miss Wasilla contest earlier, then finished second in the Miss Alaska beauty pageant,[7] which won her a scholarship to help pay her way through college.[6] In the Wasilla pageant, she played the flute and also won Miss Congeniality.[8][9]

Old 08-29-2008, 03:23 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watamensch View Post
Ummm do some research: From Wikipedia:

In 1984, Palin won the Miss Wasilla contest earlier, then finished second in the Miss Alaska beauty pageant,[7] which won her a scholarship to help pay her way through college.[6] In the Wasilla pageant, she played the flute and also won Miss Congeniality.[8][9]

Yeah, uh, hello? I already know that information.

I am referring to some of the liberals here who are using that in a derogatory manner.

Got a snappy comeback for that?

Old 08-30-2008, 06:45 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
All conservatives know it takes two dedicated parents to parent. Being VP takes time away from being a parent, especially to so many children.
The Dems are officially starting to sound silly.

Conservatives think a 2 parent household is ideal. It is ideal. Her family will still have a two parent household. The husband will take care of the kids.

You libs have a problem with stay at home dad's and working mothers? You didn't 4 days ago! What a bunch of laughable hypocrites. Bwahahhahahaha!

Old 08-30-2008, 06:58 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Apparently so.

I did not expect the comments from Dems about her beauty, her 5 kids, or her being a working mom. I thought that was part of your platform. I think it shows a desperation on your part that you have to resort to calling the Governor of Alaska "Miss Alaska".

Sorry... not happening, unless they (Republicans) change the policies that repress women and gays, among other things. I think men in general can be sexist pigs, and I'm sure there are just as many on the conservative side - if not more. As a woman I am used to this, and can honestly say it crosses all political lines.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 PM

19 posts, read 40,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Wait.........wasn't Gov. Palin a former Miss Alaska contestant? Obviously she wanted to be Miss Alaska and didn't make it, so she went on to become Governor instead.

What's wrong with commenting on her beauty? She IS beautiful. I like looking at her. So what? As for her having 5 kids and being a working mom, I admire her for that.

But Miss Alaska will not be our next Vice President...................
Hey, I'm in total agreement with you. Beautiful is beautiful (even though I don't see her as beautiful) but there is nothing wrong with a person pointing that out. But if she and McSame are voted in, we're all in trouble.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:03 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlila View Post
This is ridiculous. Everything ive read this past hour just makes me not want to partake in politics when i turn 18. Both sides are just full of BS. Does no one have anything better to do?
So young, and yet so smart already. This is the very reason you won't often see me on the politics board, and why I try to avoid political debates in real life too. But being that it's an election year, and a HUGE one at that, I'm trying to get a little bit involved and informed... the worst thing you can do is be apathetic or invisible, so hopefully you're not being scared off by these discussions.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:03 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Apparently so.

If they're toll house I'll come in drag! Recipe: Original Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies - Very Best Baking - NESTLE VeryBestBaking.com

Old 08-30-2008, 07:04 PM

19 posts, read 40,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Sorry... not happening, unless they (Republicans) change the policies that repress women and gays, among other things. I think men in general can be sexist pigs, and I'm sure there are just as many on the conservative side - if not more. As a woman I am used to this, and can honestly say it crosses all political lines.
I like ya already Gizmo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections