U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:06 PM
 
5,286 posts, read 3,179,418 times
Reputation: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
What is enough? Look at Barack-none, and he is the dems choice for President. Go figure
The question you asked wasn't a comparison. I don't believe either are qualified. However, I would support McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden, but McCain's choice questions his integrity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:08 PM
 
3,591 posts, read 4,727,370 times
Reputation: 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Dems would have criticized any choice McCain would have made, whether it was Romney, Palin, Lieberman, or a name nobody has ever heard of.
At least Sarah Palin has a name we can say!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:11 PM
 
Location: New York City
2,294 posts, read 5,614,199 times
Reputation: 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
John McCain announced his VP pick less than six hours ago, and already Liberals are absolutely beside themselves. They say McCain is not really a maverick or else he would have picked a Dem, but which party picked the women. Sarah Palin has more experience than even "The Messiah", "The Almighty Barack". I am absolutely impressed by McCains pick and even some of "The Messiahs Media" had to admit she was a good pick. So if anyone has any REAL reason she is not qualified lets hear it. I think the Libs are just upset that the Republicans will be the first to have a women working in the West Wing.
You actually believe well-to-do (and middle class) caucasian men will want to vote for the McCain ticket now, even more because of Palin?? Hardly...Palin weakens his ticket. Hate to say it, but McCain's core demographic aren't jumping for joy over this...as-a-matter-of-fact, I'd say many are researching the Independent running this year...

McCain is to be commended for picking a woman, but it is the Republican party, after all. I think he's confused some of his supporters. He should be worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Yes
2,663 posts, read 3,768,935 times
Reputation: 837
I was scared Obama would possibly lose if MAC picked Romney. This is awesome (at least in my opinion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:13 PM
 
Location: St. Simons Island, GA
500 posts, read 542,952 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
I'll answer that for many of the dems here..she got a B+ in economics. Automatically disqualified and inexperienced.

What grade does barack have. Nothing, why because he has not even made one economic decision to even get graded on, except funding our troops, and he voted against supporting our troops, what a President he would make
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:16 PM
 
Location: St. Simons Island, GA
500 posts, read 542,952 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
The question you asked wasn't a comparison. I don't believe either are qualified. However, I would support McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden, but McCain's choice questions his integrity.

Your right I did not ask for a comparison, but what is the measuring stick we are using to decide whether she is qualified, I just assumed since the dems think barack is good at everything, he would be a good measuring device. Wouldnt you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:20 PM
 
Location: St. Simons Island, GA
500 posts, read 542,952 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
You actually believe well-to-do (and middle class) caucasian men will want to vote for the McCain ticket now, even more because of Palin?? Hardly...Palin weakens his ticket. Hate to say it, but McCain's core demographic aren't jumping for joy over this...as-a-matter-of-fact, I'd say many are researching the Independent running this year...

McCain is to be commended for picking a woman, but it is the Republican party, after all. I think he's confused some of his supporters. He should be worried.

Honestly, I am not a big McCain person, and I was just voting against "The Messiah" but his choice was good. She is pro-life, non-Washington insider, and well respected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Status: "Nullius in verba" (set 11 days ago)
 
3,397 posts, read 6,157,355 times
Reputation: 2078
I won't know whether she's qualified or not until she starts letting us know what her views are on national, military and international matters. What does she think we should do about Georgia? About bin Laden? What is her view on the war in Iraq? Did she think we should go in there? What does she think we should do about the housing crisis? What does she think we need to to to improve academic perfomance in inner city schools? What is her position on outsourcing jobs overseas? What about immigration and illegal immigration? Product safety laws? Food safety? Toy safety? What does she think the federal government's role is in education and health care? What is her position on Medicare and Social Security, and food stamps, and Medicaid? Farm subsidies? What is her vision for the national parks, national monuments and wilderness areas? Does she think the Army Corps of Engineers should still be tasked with keeping America's waterways navigable?

We just don't know anything about her, and she's got two months to let us know what her vision for America is and what she would do about our most pressing problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
 
5,286 posts, read 3,179,418 times
Reputation: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Your right I did not ask for a comparison, but what is the measuring stick we are using to decide whether she is qualified, I just assumed since the dems think barack is good at everything, he would be a good measuring device. Wouldnt you say.
If you're comparing tickets, yes. I personally would hope for 4 years or more of meaningful executive experience, and preferably military service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2008, 01:25 PM
 
5,180 posts, read 10,571,658 times
Reputation: 3094
She better mention some interest in alternative energy plans as well if she wants to get votes. If they drill for more oil, her state benefits. Yeah, she did take on the oil companies but still...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top