Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:38 AM

4,795 posts, read 12,323,426 times

Advertisements

Palin clearly doesn't have the experience for the job. A community organizer in a black ghetto, a back bencher in the state senate who got that seat by having her opponent disqualified for the election thereby giving her a walk in election, and a back bencher in the US senate with no accomplishments for 3 years, who's opponent in that election also dropped out giving her yet another walk in election with no real opposition..... oh...er, never mind. That's the other guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 09:28 AM

502 posts, read 932,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Palin clearly doesn't have the experience for the job. A community organizer in a black ghetto, a back bencher in the state senate who got that seat by having her opponent disqualified for the election thereby giving her a walk in election, and a back bencher in the US senate with no accomplishments for 3 years, who's opponent in that election also dropped out giving her yet another walk in election with no real opposition..... oh...er, never mind. That's the other guy.

Oh and only a mayor, governor; so what makes biden qualified he has done neither one of those, and he sat on the senate even longer and has gotten nothing done. I think ill trust Palin.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:33 AM

646 posts, read 1,635,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Oh and only a mayor, governor; so what makes biden qualified he has done neither one of those, and he sat on the senate even longer and has gotten nothing done. I think ill trust Palin.

She has only been governor for a year and a half!!! And its Alaska we are talking about, one of the smallest populations in the entire union! That is not experience. And being a mayor of Wasilla is NOT EXPERIENCE!! Its population is 5,000. My high school had more people than that. She is a political pawn and a useless VP. McCain doesn't even know her for gods sake. That just shows you that McCain doesn't care about the people he appoints to the most important positions in the country. He will only do what he thinks is politically convenient. But this time, he has made an error of monumental proportions.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:46 AM

502 posts, read 932,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
She has only been governor for a year and a half!!! And its Alaska we are talking about, one of the smallest populations in the entire union! That is not experience. And being a mayor of Wasilla is NOT EXPERIENCE!! Its population is 5,000. My high school had more people than that. She is a political pawn and a useless VP. McCain doesn't even know her for gods sake. That just shows you that McCain doesn't care about the people he appoints to the most important positions in the country. He will only do what he thinks is politically convenient. But this time, he has made an error of monumental proportions.

I am so glad that you know McCain's friends, maybe I should start listening to you. Not sure that is really matters how many people live there, a governor is governor, I guess George Washington was unqualified because he was only the General of a small ragtag group of farmer-soldiers. Ok yea I see your reasoning. WHAT

Old 08-30-2008, 04:33 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,506,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Just like George Bush...(we can't take another 4 years)
What has GW done that makes you feel that way? In the first few months he had to contend wirh China to get our men back when their plane was diverted to china.Then 9/11 happened because Clinton did nothing about the the first bombing of the World Trade center, the Cole and many threats against us. We all made money in the 90's but only because the dot com not Clinton.
Everyone wonders why Bush went to war with Iraq. Simple answer. They violated the cease fire put in place with the first Gulf war. Many say there was no wmd and Bush lied. England, France, Spain etc thought there was also WMD as most of our senators. BTW a cease fire does not end a war you have to follow the rules stated which Saddam did not.
Lets all blame Bush for the housing market. He must have forced the banks to offer 0 down on mortages and interest only loans and made people buy the homes that they could not afford. Did they forget the dot com bubble? If you can Blame Bush on the houseing market mess then you should blame clinton on the dot.com bubble that burst
Gas prices are up according to many because of GW. Doesn't anyone remember that a drilling bill was past by both houses in the 90's and Clinton vetoed the bill. Everyone says if we start drilling now it will take 10 years well if Clinton had signed that bill we would have all the oil and gas we needed without having to rely on other countries.
Blame Clinton for this mess we are in and not Bush.
I could go on and fill so many pages but I think it would do no good since most do not like the way Bush talks. One can make a great speach but make poor choices. ie Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections