Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: GOOD CHOICE OR BAD CHOICE?
Good choice 36 53.73%
Bad choice 31 46.27%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:50 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

This choice merely reinforces that Republicans, in their stealth, are never upfront about anything, and did not pick this woman, obviously, for her experience or what good she can do for the country, they picked her solely because she is a woman, ala Hilllary.

Its certainly a different choice and quite a calculated move, but it is way too early to tell if it was a good idea.

The Republicans have a very strange ticket, that much is apparent.

I dont wish this Alaska governor any ill will, but dont think she is suited for the position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 08:52 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Personally I think McCain hit it out of the park with her pick ! Very Conservative! A true reformer! Represents real Actual change! Has more executive experience than all three of the others on both tickets combined! Appeals to those who just want to vote for a woman! She is an example of a real woman who can be a strong positive leader yet still look and behave like a lady! What a contrast to Mrs Obama! McCain's timing was perfect and you could see it all over barry and joes faces, they looked like a couple of puppies who just lost their thunder!
Hey Silas did you happen to catch Anita Dunn stumbling around the answers about Palin OMG it was truly priceless!!! Truly.......

Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This choice merely reinforces that Republicans, in their stealth, are never upfront about anything, and did not pick this woman, obviously, for her experience or what good she can do for the country, they picked her solely because she is a woman, ala Hilllary.

Its certainly a different choice and quite a calculated move, but it is way too early to tell if it was a good idea.

I dont wish this Alaska governor any ill will, but dont think she is suited for the position.
Oh I beg to differ.....
She is suited for a VP position better than Obama for the Pres one!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:55 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:

Your joking right? She has more experiance than Obama himself! Can you tell me a veep pick that wasnt calculated?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:56 PM

478 posts, read 959,403 times
If McCain had chosen Mary Ann from Gilligans Island, the desperate lunacy of the Republican base would have said..... "Well... she spent years on a deserted island... and knows first hand survival skills..."

You guys are awesome. I will admit, though, she is a good looking woman, that Palin gal.

McCain/MILF '08!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,102,964 times
I'm glad we can agree. I couldn't be more thrilled with this choice. Granted, I was excited at the prospects of Romney and forming the 12 house ticket.

But this is truly a gift. The 72 year old man, running on the importance of continuing his policy in Iraq, taps a part time governor of the fourth smallest state. A part time governor who had no idea what was going on in Iraq just a few short months ago.

Palin in April

Quote:
I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq. I heard on the news about the new deployments",
Brilliant.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
Quote:

She offers MUCH more than just being a woman to the ticket.

You would have complained had McCain picked a white male, white female, black male, or black female. All you democrats would complain NO MATTER who he chose!

Obama had the chance to capture the Hillary voters, and left them out in the rain. Thats the game of politics.

McCain/Palin 08', the REAL change that America needs!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:59 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
If McCain had chosen Mary Ann from Gilligans Island, the desperate lunacy of the Republican base would have said..... "Well... she spent years on a deserted island... and knows first hand survival skills..."

You guys are awesome. I will admit, though, she is a good looking woman, that Palin gal.

McCain/MILF '08!
I always liked Mary ann way more than Ginger! In fact Palin reminds me a bit of Mary ann now that you mentioned it!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:01 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
No one knows if she is a good pick or a bad pick til after the election. We can fight til we are blue in the face but we dont know. If McCain wins and it shows women voters voted for him than it was a good pick. If Obama wins and got the women vote then it was a bad pick. The same can be done for Biden. After the election it will show which was a better choice.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:03 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
It was a great choice. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections