Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:32 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Alaskas a tough place where a welder is more useful than a phlisophy major
Yeah, and how thankful all those Alaskan kids are for their WELDING skills! Skills they can take anywhere in the US and compete with illegal aliens for low paying jobs! Yep, they should be thanking the Alaskan education system.

Quote:
weak BS
Well, we kinda could tell from your post that it wasn't your A-Game. But thanks for the heads up anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 10:34 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
We know about the annual dividend. This was an ADDITIONAL dividend based on windfall oil profits, and yes she did have plenty to do with it.
I agree. I think almost EVERYONE in the lower 49 knows about the annual payout. I don't think all Americans are as clueless as that.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 2,651 times
Quote:
Alaskas a tough place where a welder is more useful than a phlisophy major

weak BS
Alaska has 36 trillion cubic feet of natural gas ready to go as soon as a 1750 mile pipeline is built. They'll need a few college trained engineers to get the job done. In WWII an intelligent guy, not college trained, could get grand-fathered in as fully competent engineer if he displayed the skills. I knew a guy who did just that and after the war he built waste to energy plants for pineapple growers etc...I digress

Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,925 times
What the he!! does this have to do with moving and immigrants. your all over the place, try to concentrate

Quote:
Yeah, and how thankful all those Alaskan kids are for their WELDING skills! Skills they can take anywhere in the US and compete with illegal aliens for low paying jobs! Yep, they should be thanking the Alaskan education system.

Well, we kinda could tell from your post that it wasn't your A-Game. But thanks for the heads up anyway.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:42 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,925 times
Yup, and the more oil they pull out of the ground the more NG is left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiespageddie View Post
Alaska has 36 trillion cubic feet of natural gas ready to go as soon as a 1750 mile pipeline is built. They'll need a few college trained engineers to get the job done. In WWII an intelligent guy, not college trained, could get grand-fathered in as fully competent engineer if he displayed the skills. I knew a guy who did just that and after the war he built waste to energy plants for pineapple growers etc...I digress

Old 08-29-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
hate to tell you, but EVERY alaskan receives an ANNUAL DIVIDEND regardless of which governor they have. sarah palin has nothing to do with this distribution. i couldn't believe it when an alaskan friend told me about this years ago. in her acceptance speech, sarah made it sound as if she was solely responsible for this generosity. truth is, any alaskan governor who would rescind it would probably be tarred,feathered and sent to california. she shouldn't be bragging about this dividend just because most ppl from the other 49 states don't know about it

read this:

http://www.pfd.state.ak.us/forms/2007Forms/2007DividendCalculation.pdf (broken link)
You are wrong. This is on TOP of the permanent fund payout. You owe her an apology. NOW.

Local News | Windfall tax lets Alaska rake in billions from Big Oil | Seattle Times Newspaper

Old 08-29-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
What the he!! does this have to do with moving and immigrants. your all over the place, try to concentrate
Heh. Well, where did a "welder" and "philoshpy major" come from? I thought we were talking about Palin and Oil.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Heh. Well, where did a "welder" and "philoshpy major" come from? I thought we were talking about Palin and Oil.
Someone took us off course by saying that Alaskans don't graduate from college.

Oh.. It was you!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Someone took us off course by saying that Alaskans don't graduate from college.

Oh.. It was you!
Yes, well... I was pretty certain bryan61 wouldn't catch that! Weak defense, I know

Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, well... I was pretty certain bryan61 wouldn't catch that! Weak defense, I know
Very funny. You are forgiven. Good that you admit it. I will rep you for that!

Just to even it out, I should give him one too.

Alaska is a wonderful place. Back in 2001 I bought a small schoolbus and took up 4 11 year old nephews up the ALCAN from SF to the Arctic circle and through Wasilla to the Kenai for 5 weeks.

I was considering Alaska as a place to raise the kids if things did not work out here in Italy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections