U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:35 PM

1,836 posts, read 2,001,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I lived in Illinois for seven years of my adult life. I saw enough.
Welcome to the rest of the Country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 12:40 PM

4,357 posts, read 8,365,918 times
Hmmmm someone told me they were Mormons!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Did you see McCain, Palin and ther family on the stage...it looked liked a circus. A geriatric patient, a hockey mom with her fisherman and snowmobile champion husband with a clan of kids, the youngest of whom is only a few months old. Hmmm....family planning? Give me a break...I'm starting to have visions of trailer parks.

And these are the people you Republicans want representing the US before the world stage? This is the woman you want to lead the Armed Forces of the United States if McCain does not live out a full term, if elected. This is the woman you want to sit across from career diplomats of various nations of the world? This is the woman you want...A hockey mom, to sit across the table from the most powerful Generals and Admirals of the World and give them marching orders for battle...a former beauty queen, hockey mom and PTA president. Nonsense.
I know, how embarrasing that looked for them. I hope they watch the replays on that! Yikes, I made believe I did not know who they all were..and I pictured them on a line to get into Ringly Brothers Circus! And that they won the tickets to get in from some stupid game show! I could not help but laugh!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:46 PM

1,836 posts, read 2,001,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I know, how embarrasing that looked for them. I hope they watch the replays on that! Yikes, I made believe I did not know who they all were..and I pictured them on a line to get into Ringly Brothers Circus! And that they won the tickets to get in from some stupid game show! I could not help but laugh!
Palin's husband is the snowblower racing champ of the world!

gimme a freggin break!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:49 PM

500 posts, read 585,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post

Wow this whole thread is starting to sound like middle school comebacks; "Liar Liar pants on fire" "OMG did you see McCain and his family they look like a circus". Give me a break. Hey I have one, did you see the DNC Convention and all of those supposed adults with stupid hats on, oh and not to mention the Presidential candidate that they picked with no experience, that was fun to watch.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Palin's husband is the snowblower racing champ of the world!

gimme a freggin break!
How embarrasing for the Republican Party...really shows off their smarts! Yikes, what a joke. Anyone who justifies her as being a VP or McSame being president needs a thorough exam of both mind and body! I can just imagine all the mockery going on towards us from other countries! Gimme a freggin break is right!

Last edited by Blondie621; 08-30-2008 at 01:00 PM..

Old 08-30-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Wow this whole thread is starting to sound like middle school comebacks; "Liar Liar pants on fire" "OMG did you see McCain and his family they look like a circus". Give me a break. Hey I have one, did you see the DNC Convention and all of those supposed adults with stupid hats on, oh and not to mention the Presidential candidate that they picked with no experience, that was fun to watch.
Yea and did you see all those repubs with their hats, waving flags?
They all looked like they escaped from some other planet!
Oh! and that VP McSame picked? Heard she is a great soccer mom, fisherwoman and hunter...heck she even shoots moose and eats it! What a joke! And heck she even put her state in a 20 million dollar debt! Wow, she is really experienced! Jeesh!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:57 PM

7,138 posts, read 9,235,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
I feel like I know more about Palin after one speach, than Obama after several. Who on earth is that guy, anyway?

People with nothing to hide are easy to read aren't they?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Yea and did you see all those repubs with their hats, waving flags.they all looked like they escaped from some other planet!
Oh! And that VP McSame picked? Heard she is a great soccer mom, fisherwoman and hunter...heck she even shoots moose and eats it! What a joke! And heck she even put her state in a 20 million dollar debt! Wow, she is really experienced! Jeesh!

Old 08-30-2008, 01:05 PM

442 posts, read 1,432,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Is this a joke or what? A Hockey mom and sex kitten as a Vice-Presidential running mate? Unbelieveable. And Republicans are still scrambling and trying to justify such a ridiculous pick. What a Joke.
The joke is Americans thinking they are going to put a black man in office when he is not a black man, in our sense of term at all, but a mix of Caucasian and African. That's the joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections