Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:02 AM

306 posts, read 1,161,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Funny?

I think the situation is rather serious. We're being asked to consider a candidate for the Office of Vice President in an election where the primary candidate suffers from cancer.

Because of the role of Vice President, the selection of a Vice President is the most important, and first Executive decision a Presidential Candidate makes, and so we are given our first glimpse of the candidates judgment.

If God forbid, something should happen to the Commander in Chief, we had better have every confidence that the Vice President is ready to step into the Office of President and assume the responsibilities of Commander in Chief.

I find nothing funny about the gravity of the decision of who to elect to represent the interests of the United States citizens in a World currently filled with difficult foreign policy decisions, an Economic Crisis, and Wars in two Nations.
Didnt Gina Davis do a TV show that exactly mirrors this senario. Token woman get VP and the President died. Hmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 06:03 AM

116 posts, read 265,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I haven't seen anyone go "right to being scared and negative. Where are you seeing this? On Rush Limbaugh's happy hour radio talk show?

Nor have I seen anyone resort to name-calling, insulting, and cry-baby behavior. Would you mind citing where you are seeing this?

Seems to me, you are the only one playing up to the party line mud slinging. And I seriously doubt anyone thought this election would be a cake walk~ for either side.

No, I do not listen to Rush. I think he is a blowhard. I see at least 50 threads right here with Democrats name calling and upset, acting stupid. Chris Mathews, Keith Olberman and that extreme left wing wacko on after him are going out of their minds. They can't stand it.

What a pathetic show the Dems are putting on. The rest of the world is laughing their you know whats off at them.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:04 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
And the best candidates are McCain and Palin.
Why? What gives you the confidence that the Governor is ready to be President of the United States and Commander in Chief? I'm certain 300,000,000 citizens would be very interested in your assessment.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:04 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Start Today View Post

What a pathetic show the Dems are putting on. The rest of the world is laughing their you know whats off at them.
I have family and friends all over the globe...the rest of the world is cheering on Obama/Biden!

Old 08-30-2008, 06:05 AM

306 posts, read 1,161,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I have family and friends all over the globe...the rest of the world is cheering on Obama/Biden!
He is the candadate of choice in Europe. I know this for a fact, I live in Europe.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:06 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post
Didnt Gina Davis do a TV show that exactly mirrors this senario. Token woman get VP and the President died. Hmmm.
Lol..yeah, but when the credits roll this time we'll all still be sitting here, affected by the show.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Women dont vote for someone just because they are the same sex as them. We vote for the best candidiate.

Yes, some do but not all. Even before this pick, there were many women who stated that because Hillary was not picked as VP, they will now vote for McCain. That shows you right there that they do not all vote for what they think is the best candidate.
People give way to much credit to the ability of the American voter. I know way to many people that vote for stupid reasons. I know so many black people that are voting for Obama because he is black. What a STUPID reason to vote for him.

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Oh yeah--LOL, I forgot all about that show. Whatever happened to it?

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
The best candidates for what kind of America?
For a non communist America

Old 08-30-2008, 06:08 AM

Quote:
He is the candadate of choice in Europe. I know this for a fact, I live in Europe.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............that should tell you something.

I may need to change my vote then, as I was going to vote for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections