Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 09:20 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
What you are failing to recognize and give credit to / for is, by all accounts, Governor Palin is an EXTREMELY fast study - very focused -

I doubt seriously that it won't take to very long for her to know every Senator, every countries leaders etc.

And, your Pacificer comment was very sexist and shows you don't believe in having a woman in leadership -
What it says is that I do not think a woman with a baby and small children to watch after is fit to be President of the USA. A Senator, yes, a Governor, yes but not a job as demanding as that. And if it were a single man with a baby I would say the same thing. Now if Mr Palin says that he will play the role of Mr Mom while she is off to foreign lands for days at a time, OK.
As far as her being a "fast study" the Presidency is not a place for on the job training. If Jimmy Carter taught us anything, it is that. If McCain was 50 and not 72, I might feel a tad more comfortable with this, Maybe after 4 years as VP, she might be ready to step into the Oval Office. But at age 72, I think that people are right to have concerns about this. And, yes, I am a Democrat but if Obama had made a choice like this, I would question him the same way although he if far more likely to finish his term than McCain- a cancer survivor that is 72 years old is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 09:22 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Too many of you have a fishbowl mentality when in reality we live in an international community. The things you name that you like about her have little bearing on navigating international relations. If McCain dies in office, is she qualified to make decisions on hard international issues? Do you think the other side will take her seriously? Or just see her as a beauty pagent winner from America?

I would trust her far more than OBAMA who IS running to be president
who does not have a clue except how to give a speech.
She makes him look even more stupid.
Good grief!

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What it says is that I do not think a woman with a baby and small children to watch after is fit to be President of the USA.
DING DING DING DING!!!

Another Democrat who thinks women are limited in their success by their sex. Even worse, they think its a good thing..

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Actaully Obama is the perfect American success story because he came from nothing and worked his way up and helped unfortunate people get jobs in Chicago. As the first African-American to win the nomination he has broken many barriers. It wasnt that long ago when blacks could not vote and they were hosed down in the streets with water hoses. Blacks were treated FAR worse than women.
So we should forever feel guilty due to poor treatment of minorities and vote for Obama. He's a far left loon, I don't car if he's black, white or an alien. He wants to replace the Constitution with the Communist Manifesto.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What it says is that I do not think a woman with a baby and small children to watch after is fit to be President of the USA. A Senator, yes, a Governor, yes but not a job as demanding as that. And if it were a single man with a baby I would say the same thing. Now if Mr Palin says that he will play the role of Mr Mom while she is off to foreign lands for days at a time, OK.
As far as her being a "fast study" the Presidency is not a place for on the job training. If Jimmy Carter taught us anything, it is that. If McCain was 50 and not 72, I might feel a tad more comfortable with this, Maybe after 4 years as VP, she might be ready to step into the Oval Office. But at age 72, I think that people are right to have concerns about this. And, yes, I am a Democrat but if Obama had made a choice like this, I would question him the same way although he if far more likely to finish his term than McCain- a cancer survivor that is 72 years old is.

OMGOSH
you are amazing!!
What I have concers about is how anyone takes Obama serious!
Unfit to be president, boy is he!!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
The best the dems can do?........make childish comparisons, based on looks, attempting to stereotype an opponent. What a weak, feeble attempt. And frankly, I dont even know what you're attempting? To make yourself look....
I thought the dems should be proud of the repubs, for putting a talented, smart, self starting woman in a position that she is deserving of. Something the dims themselves attempted to do VERY RECENTLY, but failed miserably at.
The double standards of the dims, really do turn intelligent people off, more than you (obviously) know.

my party is showing it real self
it is "their way or the highway"
which is why I will not vote for them this year.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:32 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
my party is showing it real self
it is "their way or the highway"
which is why I will not vote for them this year.
Yeah, right, THAT'S why.

Whatever, georgia dem.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I know exactly who I am--a woman who for my entire life watched the Democrat party pander to women everywhere--oh yes, equal rights, oh yes, of course you can be a working mom, oh yes, in fact, you should be the CEO! Got fired because you were pregnant!?! Let's call out the ACLU! This is a travesty!

Oh but wait--here comes a woman that wants to be Vice President of this country. Not just a Republican--a CONSERVATIVE! Quelle horror! Miss Alaska! Pageant Queen! Why isn't she home taking care of her kids? How can she do this job with a baby with Down's? Doesn't she know what birth control is? And my very favorite name for her came right from this board--RENT-A-UTERUS.

Yeah. As a woman, regardless of my party, I see just what all that was you Democrats have been spouting for 30 years--a bunch of BULL. Big fat BULL. The Democrat party and everyone in it--especially WOMEN--should all be horrified at the behavior displayed these past few days.

You may not personally be a liar, but your party--that represents YOU--is surely the biggest group of liars I ever saw.

AMEN!!
You said that so well, and I completly agree with you!
As a democrat, I am outraged at the double standard and small-mindedness.
Another reason why I do not support them!!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:38 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
DING DING DING DING!!!

Another Democrat who thinks women are limited in their success by their sex. Even worse, they think its a good thing..

You are so very right - a Democrat who does not believe that woman can do the job -

You know - Mr. Palin is probably not going to stay on the oil rigs on the North Shore if his wife is elected VP - I would hazard a guess that he might just be around to help with the kids - several of which certainly appear able to care for themselves too -

Old 08-31-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Oh, I am horrified. Horrified that we may have a neophyte in power if -God forbid- McCain wins and dies in office. Horrified that McCain would put his own political campaign above national interests. Horrified that he seems to think women are interchangeable, and that Hillary voters would follow the Palin ticket like sheep.

You bet I'm horrified.

don't be horrified, no one thinks you would cast your vote for anyone but Obama, you are completly safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections