Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:22 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post
Not to mention she left that small town in $20 million dollars worth of debt, which has me wondering what would a town that small need with $20 million dollars.
Repeat of a lame try.

If your going to make up things at least give us the facts and not just something you heard?

Links? Proof?

Details?

One day three of her Governors job she sold the states jet on ebay, fired the cooks, said she could cook her own food, walked around the place and fired anyone who was not doing something.

This is a real leader, a butt kicking no pay for no value type of person.

Perfect person for the VP job, she will get the congress fixed and real quick or they will pay the price. She won't tolerate these dems doing nothing for our country. She will expose Pelosi scams and Reids wasting of our money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 01:01 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
Quote:
John McCain has to be the dumbest man alive for picking Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, and she has only held that position for two years. Joe Biden will literally crush Palin in the Vice Presidential debate, she has a firm decision against offshore drilling which could save Americans hundreds possibly thousands of dollars a year on energy cost. She also has admitted she is against abortion. I understand abortion is wrong, but you dont understand what people go through, and the baby also may be conceived in an improper way such as rape. I understand McCain aims to steal Clinton votes, but this woman is no where near Hillary Clinton, who gathered women from both sides of the aisles with her care, compassion, and understanding for both women and men. The women share no similarities on any policies.

Also let's be frank John McCain isn't getting any younger with his 72th birthday this past friday, so in his older age if something happens to him she will assume all duty, and this was a great force behind keeping Clinton from being elected to the democratc ticket so what makes McCain think it will happen for some lady not as experienced as Hillary CLinton herself. Palin has no international experience, she comes from being a mayor of a town with no more than 9,00 people, how can she possibly be the next Vice PResident of the UNited States. John McCain pick puts all the talk about Obama's inexperience to rest. Sarah Palin you're no Hillary Clinton and never will be.

So I formerly present to you President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, President Pro Tem Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State Colin Powell, and House Speaker Nacy Pelosi. O! and let's not forget White House spokesperson Oprah Winfrey.
I agree, no doubt Obama has it all wrapped up! It is a done deal! No question about it he will be our next President of the USA!

Old 08-31-2008, 01:06 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I agree, no doubt Obama has it all wrapped up! It is a done deal! No question about it he will be our next President of the USA!
If you had your way maybe.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:37 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
What did he win?

Ohh ok, he is moving to Kenya.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:32 PM

521 posts, read 1,628,986 times
I dont vote for flip floppers that are all charisma and no substance
I dont vote for people who pimp their families on tv and then announces that he shouldnt have done it.
I dont vote for someone based solely on their race.

Im not totally for McCain, but he's less of a hypocrit and fake than Obama is.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:04 PM

511 posts, read 2,476,541 times
First there more people in Barack Obama's Senate district that the entire state of Alaska. After McCain choose Palin and I posted this thread and seeing some of the responses I did some more research and found Palin currently has a case pending against her by her own state legislature about her procedures in allocating $100,000, the case is under investigation, and the results are due out Oct. 31 the week before the general election. Also, I have several sources and one states the town of Wasilla had declined in population from 9,000 to 5,400 under her adminstration. This small town also tried recall Palin for firing the local polic chief without probable cause. If you want to see the millions of people posting on forums throughout the world wide web just got to Google.com and type "Sarah Palin Debt." In June 2007, Palin signed a law for a operating budget of $6.6 billion —the largest in Alaska's history. At the same time, she used her veto power to make the second-largest cuts of the construction budget in state history. The $20 million dollars in debt (accumalted through attempts to build in an indoor ice rink in the middle of Alaska) is about $3000 for every citizen. NOt to mention she also criticised the position of the vice president by asking what exactly does the vice president do everyday, stating thats she used to being productive and working real hard in an administration.

Dems armed with Palin opposition - Glenn Thrush - Politico.com
Sarah Palin Mismanaged The Economy Of Wasilla » Oliver Willis

Also, SMDallas for you to sit and say 20 Million dollars is nothing, its more then most individuals can handle but that is like a 100 dollar bill in the US government. I don't think anyone, including myself, comprehends these numbers they're just a set of repeating integers.... You're obviously out of touch with the American people as well, because I don't know of anybody even the richest of richest people to say 20 million dollars is nothing. SMDallas how many houses DO YOU OWN!?!?!?!

Last edited by MayorOfMacon2019; 08-31-2008 at 03:21 PM..

Old 12-31-2008, 11:28 AM

Mhm

Old 02-22-2009, 04:41 PM

I loved this Thread, it was hilarious, and looking back on it and seeing what actually turned out makes it that much sweeter.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
I loved this Thread, it was hilarious, and looking back on it and seeing what actually turned out makes it that much sweeter.
Well, you naughty little gloater....it IS rather fun isn't it?
It's especially fun to see the agony of the repubs as they whine and froth at the mouth over great scandals like Obama not wearing a jacket in the Oval office! LOL!!! Or his birth certificate! I love it!

Old 02-23-2009, 03:41 PM

Yeah I believe hell do good I think we will come out of this recession soon under the Obama adminstration, and boy will it be a sad day in America for the Grand Ole' Party. Obama for 2012!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections