Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 02:38 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times

Advertisements

Exclusives: The Truth About Those Sarah Palin Pregnancy Coverup Rumors!

Hi Maureen, Honestly I was a little distracted with her safety rather than her stomach. I don't recall her being pregnant at all, she may have been wearing a coat. No one else at the scene of the accident mentioned the word pregnant so I would say that either no one noticed or she wasn't pregnant. I do find it odd, I don't support McCain, but I don't see what this has to do with him. The public should realize how bad of a politician he is, and not try to dig up dirt on everyone that he associates with. Don't you think that it's probably hard enough having a mentally challenged child (regardless who it might have come out of) to take care of.

The above is information to help debunk the rumor that it is the daughters baby. My original OP asked people to debunk and since this helps to do it I am posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 03:25 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
For the record, I want to say I'm not thrilled with this topic. It's one thing to have some laughs and joke about Miss Alaska, moose hunting, journalism degrees and even her Will&Grace hairdo, but this topic seems below the belt.

McCain did something moronic--and yes, it's hilariously moronic--but is that really her fault?

And yes, she's made some mistakes and has some character problems that make her a bad choice. These things should be discussed--but the issues in this thread aren't really ones that would keep her from being VP. IMO.

We don't need to go there, this girl is such a colorful character that we can all easily find a dozen other kinds of jokes.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:35 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
For the record, I want to say I'm not thrilled with this topic. It's one thing to have some laughs and joke about Miss Alaska, moose hunting, journalism degrees and even her Will&Grace hairdo, but this topic seems below the belt.

McCain did something moronic--and yes, it's hilariously moronic--but is that really her fault?

And yes, she's made some mistakes and has some character problems that make her a bad choice. These things should be discussed--but the issues in this thread aren't really ones that would keep her from being VP. IMO.

We don't need to go there, this girl is such a colorful character that we can all easily find a dozen other kinds of jokes.
Colorful character, and the character of one's decisions are pretty big distinctions normie. I've tried to be sensitive to the topic as well, but I am very interested in the character of the person who may be a heartbeat away from the presidency. It our duty as citizens to make the most educated vote we can. It's my duty to you as a fellow citizen. If the Governor showed poor judgment regarding her health, I'm very interested in knowing if she will make critical leadership decisions with the same reckless behavior. We at War in two Nations. Our Economy in crisis, our Foreign policy in shambles. Judgment is front and center and we've questioned every candidate intimately throughout this camapain on this very issue.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:41 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
If the Governor showed poor judgment regarding her health, I'm very interested in knowing if she will make critical leadership decisions with the same reckless behavior.
OK--I get you point. I'm going to keep to the fluffier topics, myself, since I really don't think this girl is the problem. She's just a person who got picked to fill a spot because she's female and because McCain has poor judgement.

They say the VP pick tells you a lot about his executive abilities--this situation is a perfect example of what we're likely to get with him in charge. All kinds of poorly thought-out surprises.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
OK--point well made.
This is how it was playing out in Alaska. She only had the baby in April so it is still fresh. Did she and McCain discuss? Did he know? This shouldn't be being played out now. It could have been handled better. She was not adequately vetted. Had she known a month ago she was a serious contender she could have gotten a number of issues settled before Friday.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
OK--I get you point. I'm going to keep to the fluffier topics, myself, since I really don't think this girl is the problem. She's just a person who got picked to fill a spot because she's female and because McCain has poor judgement.

They say the VP pick tells you a lot about his executive abilities--this situation is a perfect example of what we're likely to get with him in charge. All kinds of poorly thought-out surprises.
Part of the reason why you vett and are ready is you need to restate what has been said before. So why did she leave Texas and return to Alaska to have the baby? Lets see what the Anchorage paper was told back then.
Palins' child diagnosed with Down syndrome: Alaska News | adn.com
Palin said she wanted him born in Alaska but wouldn't have risked anyone's health to make that happen.

"You can't have a fish picker from Texas," said Todd.

Not serious but you might want to phrase it differently since they do fish in Texas and she is now a national candidate.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:45 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Part of the reason why you vett and are ready is you need to restate what has been said before. So why did she leave Texas and return to Alaska to have the baby? Lets see what the Anchorage paper was told back then.
Palins' child diagnosed with Down syndrome: Alaska News | adn.com
Palin said she wanted him born in Alaska but wouldn't have risked anyone's health to make that happen.

"You can't have a fish picker from Texas," said Todd.

Not serious but you might want to phrase it differently since they do fish in Texas and she is now a national candidate.
What is sad about this....it seems her child is yet another pawn, as she is to McCain.....

Old 08-31-2008, 05:04 PM

382 posts, read 589,690 times
If it's not true then it needs to stop. But, I must say to the Neocon's, how does it feel to have nasty rumors about your ticket. It sucks. "Obama is a Racist Muslim. Michelle Obama said "whitey." Does this bring back memories.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:18 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Yea, if Little Miss Conservative beehivelady is lying to cover for her daughter! Yea, all should be drug through the hypocrisy mud.
Mud it sounds like you are quite familiar with. Aren't you one of those that filled with compassion for women who hypothetically -- and we are talking very hypothetically here -- would be unable to get an abortion after rape or incest? Where is your compassion for a teenaged girl who may or may not have had a baby? Where is your compassion for a teenaged girl whose supposed sex life is being dissected on the internet? Or is your compassion only reserved for liberal women and their progeny --- the daughters of reps can all go to hell and get bullied on the way down?
Very woman centric of you....

Old 08-31-2008, 05:22 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
If it's not true then it needs to stop. But, I must say to the Neocon's, how does it feel to have nasty rumors about your ticket. It sucks. "Obama is a Racist Muslim. Michelle Obama said "whitey." Does this bring back memories.
There is a huge difference between rumors about candidates and their wives vs the candidates minor children.

Does mccain is a wife beater and cindy mccain a currant drug addict ring a bell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections