Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:04 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,936,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian97 View Post
that's easy...

Neither party.

Having a d or an r after your name doesn't confer some magical field of moral/ethical/culturally acceptable behavior.

For every example, there's an easy counter-example.
b-i-n-g-o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 03:05 PM

15,445 posts, read 21,302,599 times
Default Children are now posting in C-D political threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's obvious, McCain selected Palin in exchange for some sort of sexual favors
You are not really old enough to vote are you?

Old 08-31-2008, 03:07 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,942,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
The womanizer?????????????

DO I need to remind you of the last Democratic president we had in this country and what he did? Or, perhaps I need to remind you of a certain candidate from North Carolina and his actions?

I think it is clear which party treats women with more respect!
Everyone knows liberal men are sexier.
For one, they think, and everyone knows that to a female sex is something cerebral before anything else.
Liberals tend to have values that extend beyond making a buck. Idealism is a turnon.
Liberals have a zest for what they are doing, they are bursting with energy. A joi de vivre.
Liberals are not boring.

Mon dieu! You only have to take a peek at the wife of Dennis Kucinich to understand that. Magnifique!

It is much harder for a man to remain chaste when women are just throwing themselves at you. Look at how people are comparing our Barak to a super star. Now look at the president and McCain. Stale toast.

Republicans, on the other hand, must bribe women. They attract women who use men and have shallow personal values. Well, not all of them. I think Barbara Bush is probably a fine lady, as is Nancy, god bless her.

Last edited by goldengrain; 08-31-2008 at 03:25 PM..

Old 08-31-2008, 03:35 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,901,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's obvious, McCain selected Palin in exchange for some sort of sexual favors
Awww, McCain is way too old for that sorta thing. You know, certain body parts don't work forever. At his age it's more likely he wants someone to look pretty on his arm, and maybe get him a mug of warm milk.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:12 PM

31,682 posts, read 40,987,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I think he's a typical 72-year-old fool. When you get old, your mind can wander a bit, you start to fancy all sorts of things.

Is it a crush or did he watch one too many episodes of Charlie's Angels? My guess: He likes the idea of a blonde model on one arm, a brunette Miss America on the other, and he's hoping to find a curvy red head for Secretary of State.
Now thats what I'm talking about. That is the way to do international diplomacy. Putin would respect that.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Awww, McCain is way too old for that sorta thing. You know, certain body parts don't work forever. At his age it's more likely he wants someone to look pretty on his arm, and maybe get him a mug of warm milk.
You mean a trophy running mate?

Old 08-31-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
This means nothing. He also called Rudy Giuliani his soul mate. I have referred to my friend Tom as my “soul mate”, and no I am not gay. I would expect this sort of reaction from an stereotyped, uniformed, homophobic, conservative. But most of you who are objecting to this are Liberals. Do you not understand that a man can have a NON SEXUAL relationship with another man or woman that is very close?

Unless you are going to try to paint McCain a gay (which is likely to swing more independents over to him) then you have to deal with the fact that he uses the term in a nonsexual way, since he also referred to Rudy Giuliani as possibly being his “Soul Mate”.

McCain Supports 'Soul Mate' Giuliani - Los Angeles Times

McCain Supports ‘Soul Mate’ Giuliani

“We need more mild-mannered, even-tempered individuals like Rudy and myself, who will never rock the boat or say anything that’s controversial in nature,” the Arizona senator cracked during a town hall meeting at American Legion Post 694. “I look forward to having a soul mate in the United States Senate.”

Random
Can you discover your soul mate after two meetings? Is Cindy his soul mate also? I wonder how she feels about his new soul mate if he did say it.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soul%20mate
soul mate
–noun
a person with whom one has a strong affinity.
[Origin: 1815–25]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections