Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:35 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Did she have a baby there?
GOOD COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!

The brilliance is just amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 06:37 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
Because she COULD so easily be the POTUS - the leader of the free world... That's what's so frightening.
Nonsense. It's no more frightening than Jimmy Carter or Bush, Jr. in the Oval Office.

Governor Palin looks tough, straight, and strong. Just because she is relatively young and attractive, that is no reason to sell her short. I'm an older-than-middle-aged man, and I have met plenty of capable women who resemble Palin.

It's time for us to to step up as a country. You women have got to start believing in yourselves if you want be valued as leaders.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:38 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,530 times
yep, they got nothing but fear and hate

it is telling

Old 08-30-2008, 06:39 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,913 times
Ya know, I must have read hundreds of threads bashing her already. Mostly Democrats bashing her. My question is why should Democrats give a damn what the other party does?

Old 08-30-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Nonsense. It's no more frightening than Jimmy Carter or Bush, Jr. in the Oval Office.

Governor Palin looks tough, straight, and strong. Just because she is relatively young and attractive, that is no reason to sell her short. I'm an older-than-middle-aged man, and I have met plenty of capable women who resemble Palin.

It's time for us to to step up as a country. You women have got to start believing in yourselves if you want be valued as leaders.
And Obama's foreign policy credentials are strong? Was his parade through Europe enough to teach him anything about foreign policy?

I think you need to look at your own candidates foreign policy credentials first.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:41 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Democrats...I'm just curious...what is the REAL reason you don't like Sara Palin as John McCain's pick for VP?
Are you kidding? I think most democrats love having her as John McCain's VP pick. It was the icing on the cake after a great week in Denver.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:41 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
I am indifferent, no feelings about her whatsoever. I'm curious why you only ask this question of democrats, I'm sure there are repubs who disapprove as well.
No reason really, and I'm sure you're right...there probably are Republicans who aren't happy about the choice...but so far it looks like most are pleased.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:44 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
And Obama's foreign policy credentials are strong? Was his parade through Europe enough to teach him anything about foreign policy?

I think you need to look at your own candidates foreign policy credentials first.
I'll be happy to address your concerns in a thread dealing with Obama's credentials.

This context refers to Governor Palin, whom I happen to respect and admire.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:45 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,607 times
I don't have anything personal against her because I don't know her. So far though, I do get concerned that she may be the "uncle tom" for women, going out of her way to fight against those issues that are meant to empower women not just pro-choice but on things like FMLA (does she want to overturn it?) Preganancy Discrimimation Act, Equal Pay Act, healthcare, gov't assistance to help all of those women forced to have their babies from rape/incests etc. I often see people go out of their way not to be a token by taking very radical views on issues that people would see them as traditionally supporting. I mean Clarence Thomas was over the EEOC, now he doesn't believe racism or sexism exists.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:46 PM

Shes a slam dunk!!!!!!!! Look at these democrats gettin' all defensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections