U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-31-2008, 01:26 PM
 
7,404 posts, read 5,546,185 times
Reputation: 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
I don't like her because she is pro-life and a bible thumper.
NO! Not A Bible thumper!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2008, 01:33 PM
 
9 posts, read 7,925 times
Reputation: 12
Mccain is trying to get the focus off one of the most historic conventions in U.S. history. It's evident that the only reason he chose Sarah Palin is to go after the Bitter Hilary supporters, especially after Sarah Palin praised Hilary. But Doesn't picking Sarah Palin contradict Mccain's message of a candidate needing experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 01:45 PM
 
7,404 posts, read 5,546,185 times
Reputation: 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpsprintstar View Post
Mccain is trying to get the focus off one of the most historic conventions in U.S. history. It's evident that the only reason he chose Sarah Palin is to go after the Bitter Hilary supporters, especially after Sarah Palin praised Hilary. But Doesn't picking Sarah Palin contradict Mccain's message of a candidate needing experience?
No what it does is , show that McCain / Palin, the Maveric and the Reformer are now the ticket of change, and Obama/ Obiden the most liberal senator and the third most liberal senator are the ticket of, sameold,sameold failed liberal ideas dressed up in a lot of fancy, phony, rhetoric! Like the old saying goes," Dont matter how much you polish a Turd, It's still a Turd"

Last edited by silas777; 08-31-2008 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Conservative in Liberal California
1,609 posts, read 1,529,126 times
Reputation: 11067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
I don't like her because she is pro-life and a bible thumper.
You know, back when John Kennedy was running for President, some people thought that he'd be running the office from the Vatican. It didn't happen. I don't believe that any President tries to bring their religion into the office, other than their belief in God. What is wrong with that? And why can't she be pro-life? That's HER choice. What else don't you like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Ohio
826 posts, read 1,039,836 times
Reputation: 235
They don't like her because they know they will lose now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 02:34 PM
 
124 posts, read 230,857 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I wouldn'r say I dislike her but I wouldn't vote for McCain anyway. I just think this Women is being used. He doesn't even know her. Would you entrust your child to watch or make a will giving your child to a person you just met one time. Well that is what McCain did. As the presidenal runner the first most important choice he will make is his running mate.Even his own party reps when asked last night by Larry King wouldn't answer the question Did McCain have better choices. I know I will hear that Obama diesn't have experience. Well he must have something. He took time to pick his Vice President choice. He knows that in picking a VP he has to face the question is something would happen to him. He even has a panel to give him fed-back. It is a important choice. McCain things from his gut. McCain thought with his knowlege that he didn't stand a chance. So he did something that would surprise and excite people and it might for awhile it won't last. And when he looses and he will all those will say it was because he picked her to be on the ticket. He didn't know her and he is to be said he values close relationships with those he works with. She is there to try and save his butt. So was she really picked for what she has done. And why did she take it when she said over and over she didn'r want it. When she looses she takes the fall and he walks away.
I totally agree with many of your comments michiganmom. I am sure there are ulterior motives behind all this. Do you really think that McCain is going to take any suggestions from a WOMAN. He looks like a very angry man , period who does not have much respect for women .nor can relate to them. He was a prisoner for many years and that has to show up in his personality,and his huge temper among other behavior, ask his wives. He doesn't appear to be open to any suggestions or comments from others. Obama may not have huge experience in Foreign Affairs but tell me who does, we wouldn't be in this mess if there were someone, however Obama said if he doesn't know he doesn't have a problem asking for help. I respect that.I don't know or dislike this women she is really in for a run, and I wish her luck. I know she is not pro choice as McCann and that was a plus for them, however who cares for her 5 children and esp. the younger one with Downs Syndrome. She is getting a lot of praise but how much help does she have.? She could have 10 more babies easy. The plot thickens :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 09:05 PM
 
6,758 posts, read 6,922,646 times
Reputation: 2920
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralsand2 View Post
I totally agree with many of your comments michiganmom. I am sure there are ulterior motives behind all this. Do you really think that McCain is going to take any suggestions from a WOMAN. He looks like a very angry man , period who does not have much respect for women .nor can relate to them. He was a prisoner for many years and that has to show up in his personality,and his huge temper among other behavior, ask his wives. He doesn't appear to be open to any suggestions or comments from others. Obama may not have huge experience in Foreign Affairs but tell me who does, we wouldn't be in this mess if there were someone, however Obama said if he doesn't know he doesn't have a problem asking for help. I respect that.I don't know or dislike this women she is really in for a run, and I wish her luck. I know she is not pro choice as McCann and that was a plus for them, however who cares for her 5 children and esp. the younger one with Downs Syndrome. She is getting a lot of praise but how much help does she have.? She could have 10 more babies easy. The plot thickens :-)

And Obama has dumbo ears and looks really dumb and he's made dumb decisions which means he will make dumb decisions always. Your point? Wow, you sure read a lot into McCain's personal psychology simply based on his looks. Maybe you could get a job as a profiler???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Apple Valley Calif
7,332 posts, read 11,283,030 times
Reputation: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
Because she COULD so easily be the POTUS - the leader of the free world... That's what's so frightening.
I'm with your, Sarah, she will make a great POTUS. Glad you agree...! and, don't be frightened, it is going to be fine,,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore
1,831 posts, read 1,565,044 times
Reputation: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
I don't like her because she is pro-life and a bible thumper.

Oh noooooooooes, she's "pro life"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Apple Valley Calif
7,332 posts, read 11,283,030 times
Reputation: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Did she have a baby there?
Now that is exactly the kind of response we would expect of someone of your caliber.. suck it up, big fellow, you are going to have her for 16 years..... Life is good...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:48 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top