Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 06:24 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But not in 2 friggin days!. Admit it - she stopped his bounce dead in it's tracks.

VP Palin - aka Bounce Killer.

The Gallup poll still shows Obama ahead 48 to 42. The bounce is still evident. What are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 06:29 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
The Gallup poll still shows Obama ahead 48 to 42. The bounce is still evident. What are you talking about?
Anything to help her sleep at night. Btw, the rasmuseen poll only had Obama up by 4 points before Palin was announced as VP.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:29 PM

500 posts, read 702,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
2 Points. From the way the Neocon's reacted to her being placed on the ticket, you would have expected 20% Obama and 80% McShame. Try again loser.
Actually, some of the GOP are not fond with the selection, there is a thread somewhere that highlights that. Second, with the wide disapproval rating toward the GOP due to their actions and from the way the Dems reacted after your Greek God gave his speech, you would think 100% Obama and 0% McCain, but we all know that's not true.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:32 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
Quote:
Obama's convention bounce didnt come until 3 days into his convention. That means you need to give Palin at least 3 days to sink in and her effect for reflect in the polls.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Obama's convention bounce didnt come until 3 days into his convention. That means you need to give Palin at least 3 days to sink in and her effect for reflect in the polls.

I guess you're right. There has never been back-to-back conventions before and vp announcements only a week apart, so I guess after McCain's convention it will be back to a dead heat.

I guess the debates will decide this election then.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:36 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
I guess you're right. There has never been back-to-back conventions before and vp announcements only a week apart, so I guess after McCain's convention it will be back to a dead heat.

I guess the debates will decide this election then.
With the hurricanes and everything that will be going on, i'm not so sure it will be a dead heat.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:36 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,684 times
On top of that the GOP convention is a washout because of Gustav so McCain wont get a bounce to stop the Obama's convention momentum. The announcement of Palin was pretty much short lived after the hurricane took over the news.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:38 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
On top of that the GOP convention is a washout because of Gustav so McCain wont get a bounce to stop the Obama's convention momentum. The announcement of Palin was pretty much short lived after the hurricane took over the news.
Make not predictions.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post

The conventions always generate a bounce. John Kerry in 2004 was the only exception to this rule.

The hurricane hits on Monday. McCain won't give his acceptance speech until Thursday. That's more than enough time to forget about the hurricane for a moment and focus on Palin's and McCain's acceptance speeches.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:41 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
I have kind of ignored polls, especially starting when Obama announced his VP, and all the way until next Friday. They are just a roller coaster that are trying to balance themselves out.

I mean, there have just been WAY too many things going on in both campaigns at once to accurately assess how any of them have impacted this race.

The only way we can tell which campaign was more effective would be to

-Take the poll from the day before Biden was announced as VP pick and compare it to next Saturdays poll. Whoever has gained at that time compared to the polls on pre-Biden day will have been more effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections