Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:58 PM

139 posts, read 723,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Would I have boarded a flight back to Alaska? No......but then there are alot of things I would not do.
Lol, I delivered a baby in my old porcelain bathtub here at home. A lot of women wouldn't do that either. Birth is not a horrible medical emergency and Palin was wise to keep her cool and get home first.

But keep going dems, the more you gobble up this story the worse you look, and the more you disgust independent female swing voters .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 09:00 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Now I'd tune in for that.
Obviously!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:01 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,579,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
Funny: I've seen pictures of her obviously pregnant. I guess she forgot to stick on her fake bump that day. Or-- maybe, just MAYBE-- that picture you've got was taken at another point in her life.
No it was taken on Super Tuesday, a month before her supposed birth. Sarah was not preganant based on that photo.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Well, I have to say according to your logic, a conspiracy does seem more plausible, no offense. Palin's pregnancy was (or would have been) considered high risk,
Not necessarily. Since the baby was diagnosed prenatally, there would have already been a fetal echocardiogram done to rule out heart defects, and I'm sure many high level sonos to rule our structural defects. 36 weeks is considered full term BTW. A woman can even homebirth by 37 weeks, and I know people who have homebirthed babies with DS.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
No it was taken on Super Tuesday, a month before her supposed birth. Sarah was not preganant based on that photo.
And your ironclad source for this is...

Old 08-31-2008, 09:05 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,389 times
It is not good for anyone to read the Daily KOS.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:06 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
How do you know she was not pregnant? Are you her obstetrician?

Old 08-31-2008, 09:07 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,579,859 times
This is what someone at 8 months looks like

Old 08-31-2008, 09:07 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,003,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Well, I have to say according to your logic, a conspiracy does seem more plausible, no offense. Palin's pregnancy was (or would have been) considered high risk, which is why she definitely should not have been flying in her third trimester, governor or not. And getting to a hospital would have been the most important thing. Medicine is the same in Dallas as in Anchorage. Think of what could have happened on a flight from Texas to Alaska. That's a lot of time to risk.

But even still, this story just seems sooo crazy. I mean no one could actually think such a thing could be gotten away with, could they? This is what makes me think it just can't be true, but I have to say that I found that article pretty convincing regardless.

(My 100th post! I'm finally senior!)
Congratulations, LOL! Any added gray hairs with the honor?!

I disagree about medicine being the same. I've got an incurable disease with serious complications and I honestly will do whatever is necessary to get to my doctors because I've been given terrible care by others in the past. And I really wouldn't want to be stuck in a hospital thousands of miles from home.

I agree that she probably shouldn't have traveled but, then again, she was 6 weeks away from her due date. As I understand it, she was scheduled to give a keynote address at a national Conference of Governors, which is a big deal. If she felt good and her due date wasn't imminent, it's not that surprising.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:10 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,003,556 times
I think this weird person is just getting off on posting pics of pregnant women. I can say that I wasn't nearly that big, sheesh! I only gained 20 pounds with my pregnancy and I swear half of that was in my boobs! (My husband was thrilled to no end, sigh.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections