U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2008, 07:55 PM
 
5,340 posts, read 12,347,058 times
Reputation: 1159

Advertisements

You know, truth be told... I agree, these boards are fun to let off some steam and it saves me from yelling at my Republican friends...keeping friendships in tact is a good thing!

But right now... at this moment... there is a real tragedy about to fall on our country. There are people who will not be here any longer when it is all done. There are people who will have lost everything. And let us not forget, a lot of these people have just rebuilt or have not even rebuilt yet.

Right now there are parent holding their children as they make there way in long traffic jams to get out. To sit in shelters or who knows where. It would be my greatest hope that these people would help one another - regardless of if they see an Obama or McCain bumper sticker on the car next to or in front of them.

Within the next few days people from all walks of life will respond to help. Maybe by writing a check. Maybe by going to help the effort. Whatever way it is, you would have to hope that they'd see each person they are helping as FIRST and foremost a FELLOW human being then SECOND as a fellow AMERICAN. Not a dem a rep a woman a man a black or white person....

While this is fun and silly and all...OUR COUNTRY which we all think we care so much about is about to go through hell again. And we are all sitting here attacking one another. You know, we should all be ashamed. So I, for one, am going to take a break from this... I think it may be better to spend some time in prayer for those who will need our prayers so desperately. And maybe by checking out the Red Cross or other websites to see what will be needed from us to help.

Honnestly, if we could all take a break from bashing each other in honor of these folks - it would be nice. I'm not naive, so I don't expect that it will happen. But it would be nice.

So I hate to tell you (Oxcelo) I will be back... but not until this time of crisis has passed. Because it's the right thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2008, 07:58 PM
 
500 posts, read 623,651 times
Reputation: 155
Here here EEEPNG. I'm also done for tonight. Will keep the folks in my thoughts and prayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 07:59 PM
 
Location: OC, CA
3,309 posts, read 5,033,286 times
Reputation: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
You know, truth be told... I agree, these boards are fun to let off some steam and it saves me from yelling at my Republican friends...keeping friendships in tact is a good thing!

But right now... at this moment... there is a real tragedy about to fall on our country. There are people who will not be here any longer when it is all done. There are people who will have lost everything. And let us not forget, a lot of these people have just rebuilt or have not even rebuilt yet.

Right now there are parent holding their children as they make there way in long traffic jams to get out. To sit in shelters or who knows where. It would be my greatest hope that these people would help one another - regardless of if they see an Obama or McCain bumper sticker on the car next to or in front of them.

Within the next few days people from all walks of life will respond to help. Maybe by writing a check. Maybe by going to help the effort. Whatever way it is, you would have to hope that they'd see each person they are helping as FIRST and foremost a FELLOW human being then SECOND as a fellow AMERICAN. Not a dem a rep a woman a man a black or white person....

While this is fun and silly and all...OUR COUNTRY which we all think we care so much about is about to go through hell again. And we are all sitting here attacking one another. You know, we should all be ashamed. So I, for one, am going to take a break from this... I think it may be better to spend some time in prayer for those who will need our prayers so desperately. And maybe by checking out the Red Cross or other websites to see what will be needed from us to help.

Honnestly, if we could all take a break from bashing each other in honor of these folks - it would be nice. I'm not naive, so I don't expect that it will happen. But it would be nice.

So I hate to tell you (Oxcelo) I will be back... but not until this time of crisis has passed. Because it's the right thing to do.
Are you still hoping that Gustav turns out to be a devastating monster like you were earlier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 08:03 PM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,275,921 times
Reputation: 478
And are you hoping that republicans will milk this as much a possible for political gain as in this vile statement: get more out of a convention that looks as if it is dealing with a national crisis with grace .
GET MORE out of this and LOOKS AS IF to fake compassion shows much sickness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 38,488,254 times
Reputation: 7106
Quote:
While this is fun and silly and all...OUR COUNTRY which we all think we care so much about is about to go through hell again. And we are all sitting here attacking one another. You know, we should all be ashamed. So I, for one, am going to take a break from this... I think it may be better to spend some time in prayer for those who will need our prayers so desperately. And maybe by checking out the Red Cross or other websites to see what will be needed from us to help.
Tell that to the left-wing kooks that think it's "cool" that the convention will not go as planned because of a hurricane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Came-by-Chance
1,792 posts, read 1,127,345 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Are you still hoping that Gustav turns out to be a devastating monster like you were earlier?
You've been asked by others to post links to your inane allegations but you won't.....why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Apple Valley Calif
7,475 posts, read 19,577,244 times
Reputation: 5580
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
You know, truth be told... I agree, these boards are fun to let off some steam and it saves me from yelling at my Republican friends...keeping friendships in tact is a good thing!

But right now... at this moment... there is a real tragedy about to fall on our country. There are people who will not be here any longer when it is all done. There are people who will have lost everything. And let us not forget, a lot of these people have just rebuilt or have not even rebuilt yet.

Right now there are parent holding their children as they make there way in long traffic jams to get out. To sit in shelters or who knows where. It would be my greatest hope that these people would help one another - regardless of if they see an Obama or McCain bumper sticker on the car next to or in front of them.

Within the next few days people from all walks of life will respond to help. Maybe by writing a check. Maybe by going to help the effort. Whatever way it is, you would have to hope that they'd see each person they are helping as FIRST and foremost a FELLOW human being then SECOND as a fellow AMERICAN. Not a dem a rep a woman a man a black or white person....

While this is fun and silly and all...OUR COUNTRY which we all think we care so much about is about to go through hell again. And we are all sitting here attacking one another. You know, we should all be ashamed. So I, for one, am going to take a break from this... I think it may be better to spend some time in prayer for those who will need our prayers so desperately. And maybe by checking out the Red Cross or other websites to see what will be needed from us to help.

Honnestly, if we could all take a break from bashing each other in honor of these folks - it would be nice. I'm not naive, so I don't expect that it will happen. But it would be nice.

So I hate to tell you (Oxcelo) I will be back... but not until this time of crisis has passed. Because it's the right thing to do.
Try to keep it to one paragraph if you want anyone to wade through it,,, i couldn'r make it..
Keep it brief, and vote for John/Sarah... quick and simple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Yes
2,663 posts, read 5,886,787 times
Reputation: 883
As someone who grew up in hurricane country and lived through them up until I moved away a few months ago, I cannot fathom why the rest of the country sees hurricanes so much differently than us who live on the Gulf Coast see them. Hurricanes are just a natural phenomenon that have been hitting the Gulf Coast region for who knows how long. You know they will happen when you choose to live there, and you accept the fact that a major one will come every so often. It is not a tragedy. It is not supposed to be some yearly circus for the media. It's not some un-natural hoopla/drama that everyone makes it out to be. It is a natural happening that you deal with when you live there. Sometimes it's tough. Sometimes it's not. But you know what happens. You huddle up with relatives, get through the winds/damage/loss of power, you clean up, and you move on with life. It's a price to pay for living in a beautiful reagion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 09:14 PM
 
2,215 posts, read 3,213,035 times
Reputation: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Tell that to the left-wing kooks that think it's "cool" that the convention will not go as planned because of a hurricane.
What they do not know is McCain is making the right call as a real leader would and Obama just came out with I am going to stay away and let them handle it type of response.

McCain is a foot soldier and will be there for these people. I trust McCain enough to know that he will be there to make sure everything we have will be in place for the people, while the other one is still on the campaign trail.

Country First !!

We will see who the real leader is in this. These people need our help and we need someone leading the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 09:28 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,216,197 times
Reputation: 7378
Thank you so much for your post. As I type I am waiting for my relatives to call to let me know how far they are from New Orleans. We are hoping they will make it to Richmond by tomorrow evening but know that the traffic is horrible.

Thank you for your kindness. We all need it right now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
You know, truth be told... I agree, these boards are fun to let off some steam and it saves me from yelling at my Republican friends...keeping friendships in tact is a good thing!

But right now... at this moment... there is a real tragedy about to fall on our country. There are people who will not be here any longer when it is all done. There are people who will have lost everything. And let us not forget, a lot of these people have just rebuilt or have not even rebuilt yet.

Right now there are parent holding their children as they make there way in long traffic jams to get out. To sit in shelters or who knows where. It would be my greatest hope that these people would help one another - regardless of if they see an Obama or McCain bumper sticker on the car next to or in front of them.

Within the next few days people from all walks of life will respond to help. Maybe by writing a check. Maybe by going to help the effort. Whatever way it is, you would have to hope that they'd see each person they are helping as FIRST and foremost a FELLOW human being then SECOND as a fellow AMERICAN. Not a dem a rep a woman a man a black or white person....

While this is fun and silly and all...OUR COUNTRY which we all think we care so much about is about to go through hell again. And we are all sitting here attacking one another. You know, we should all be ashamed. So I, for one, am going to take a break from this... I think it may be better to spend some time in prayer for those who will need our prayers so desperately. And maybe by checking out the Red Cross or other websites to see what will be needed from us to help.

Honnestly, if we could all take a break from bashing each other in honor of these folks - it would be nice. I'm not naive, so I don't expect that it will happen. But it would be nice.

So I hate to tell you (Oxcelo) I will be back... but not until this time of crisis has passed. Because it's the right thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top