U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:22 PM

12,605 posts, read 12,934,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
We embrace women who earn positions and are not handed them because of their sex. You expect McCain to throw us a bone and we'll be happy? Then you don't understand women well and it's painfully obvious that McCain doesn't either.

What if he tried to steal Obama's thunder another way by appointing a young black man out of nowhere with minimal qualifications. How do you think that would fly? McCain probably considered that scenario too... Just put any black guy in there. They won't know the difference, right?

BRAVO. (clapping)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 PM

3,538 posts, read 6,074,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
I think that everyone should be scared that a woman (or man) that has negligible experience in politics, foreign affairs, etc. is one breath away from the highest office of our land.
We are. That is why many of us are voting against Obama, who would BE the President, not just a breath away.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:46 PM

3,492 posts, read 5,950,173 times
I also think Palin is not going to get the Hillary vote because of the jealousy factor. They want to see Hillary make history not some woman who for most of her career ran a town of 5,000 people and served on the PTA. Its a slap in the face to Hillary's experience and what she has fought for for years and they would rather wait til 2016 for Hillary than for this woman to do it first.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 PM

123 posts, read 243,283 times
Thumbs down Too Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
We are. That is why many of us are voting against Obama, who would BE the President, not just a breath away.
Wow, sounds like we still have plenty o' racists out there. As a white women who raised my child and worked my entire life I can sure smell a rat here. Pailin is not qualified and sounds like a sorry excuse for a mother. Ambition in both men and women can be detramental to the family. Obama IS qualified and at least can put together a couple of lines without including "y-all" like Bush, Hillary is best qualified but I doubt she will campaign for Obama because she feels cheated " yet again".
I am all for a women president but is her husband going to feed and diaper the baby every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections