Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 11:36 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
proof...........
This is from a 2006 study on U.S. Teenage Pregnancy Statistics National and State Trends:

In 2000, teenage birthrates were highest in Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, Arkansas and New Mexico. The states with the lowest teenage birthrates were New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, North Dakota and Maine.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/2006/09/12/USTPstats.pdf

I know teenage pregnancy happens in all states. I just think it's ironic when they show a greater preponderance in red states since Republicans don't commit "sinful acts". This why they can lecture everyone else in the world on how to act and behave and say we're all doomed to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 11:38 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
hahahaha@you "family values" dorks talking about how this isnt a big deal after you spent half of the first page stating this was just a rumor.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Palin's daughter's pregnancy should not be an issue in the election except that McCain and Palin can no longer push the issue that there must be more done to stop underage pregnancy. How old is the soon to be Father? Is statuatory rape involved here?

Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Great data. Thanks

Also the lowest divorce rate is in liberal Massachusetts.

Right wingers hate this fact...... It just blows their (conservative = morals) argument out of the water.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:42 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
[color=red]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty;5080921First of all, that her teen daughter got pregnant does not mean that Palin's conservative stance is hypocritical, wrong, or even ineffective.[/COLOR

No, it doesn't. People make mistakes. It doesn't mean the values were wrong. This is a major difference between liberals and conservatives. Frequently liberals lower the morality bar down to where they can reach it, in order to feel good about themselves. Conservatives put the morality bar where the bible tells them to, and sometimes, they fail to reach it.

And liberals have learned the lesson of those who are without sin, may cast the first stone. I think it is the lack of humility in the face of sin that irks many on the left with the right. I guess being a Catholic, I was taught that although I could not affect my own salvation, I certainly could affect my damnation. The perception (right or wrong) that Jesus saves and people are able to live any way they want just does not sit well with many folks. This young girl should be given our support in having the baby, but our sadness in the abbreviation of her own childhood.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:43 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Keep your "values" to yourself, especially if you're not even going to adhere to them on your own. I think that's what the real message is here.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:44 AM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
hahahaha@you "family values" dorks talking about how this isnt a big deal after you spent half of the first page stating this was just a rumor.
Really? All I see on the first page is people saying that it doesn't matter and others asking for proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Palin's daughter's pregnancy should not be an issue in the election except that McCain and Palin can no longer push the issue that there must be more done to stop underage pregnancy.
How old is the soon to be Father? Is statuatory rape involved here?
Actually, even though I don't think that they will use Palin's daughter, it just solidifies that stance.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 AM

68 posts, read 215,258 times
[quote=chattypatty;5080921][quote=Nietzschean Gangsta;5080897]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Stupid, stupid, stupid. Unbelievably stupid.

I haven't read all the comments so don't know if this has been said already.

First of all, that her teen daughter got pregnant does not mean that Palin's conservative stance is hypocritical, wrong, or even ineffective.

No, it doesn't. People make mistakes. It doesn't mean the values were wrong. This is a major difference between liberals and conservatives. Frequently liberals lower the morality bar down to where they can reach it, in order to feel good about themselves. Conservatives put the morality bar where the bible tells them to, and sometimes, they fail to reach it.
Conservatives are entitled to their morals, their opinions, their choice in how to raise their children. They are NOT entitled to make their choices my LAW. Therein lies the difference.

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
When it's kids of GOPers, it's just "young love", when it's blacks and hispanics it's " lack of family values".
Once again we see Democrats tossing in the race card. And Democrats throwing up the ridiculous term Baby Daddy as if it's a new mainstream Sociological term. By the way who's demographic is that? McCains?

Anyway, have all the babies you guys of any "race" want to. You already are anyway. Just don't expect me to pay for them. You know that's the issue but won't adddress it.

How do you have the demographic figures on the GOP versus all other figure by the way? Is party affiliation part of the abortion or welfare or SSI registration process? And are you saying that your demographic registers to vote? I guess you didn't need to bring out the vote after all.

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
This is from a 2006 study on U.S. Teenage Pregnancy Statistics National and State Trends:

In 2000, teenage birthrates were highest in Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, Arkansas and New Mexico. The states with the lowest teenage birthrates were New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, North Dakota and Maine.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/2006/09/12/USTPstats.pdf

I know teenage pregnancy happens in all states. I just think it's ironic when they show a greater preponderance in red states since Republicans don't commit "sinful acts". This why they can lecture everyone else in the world on how to act and behave and say we're all doomed to hell.
Teeneage pregnancies and teenage birthrates aren't the same thing. Perhaps the teen birthrates are lower in the states mentioned because more mothers opt for their choice - baby murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections