Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 12:21 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
While they didn't force her to have an abortion, I'm sure the option was on the table. The stakes McCain/Palin feel are high and the temptation I'm sure was there. My best friend's friend was an alter boy, got a girl preggers in college, compelled her to have an abortion to save face, and then married a virgin (Christian Coptic orthodox'er males tend to do this last part).

I can guarantee you one thing (or two perhaps):

1) She was heavily coaxed by her family to get married to the baby's daddy (notice that the talk of marriage never came up prior to this story breaking)
2) If this daugher did #1, she would be well subsidized by mommy/daddy.
3) One more thing: she only need go through with marrying the guy until the election is over. If McCain loses the election, an annulment or divorce is going to happen. You heard it here first.
My goodness, you're making a whole lot of assertions and "guarantees" about a family you don't even know. I hope the favor is returned ten-fold to you and your family someday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 12:24 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
The father can also have the talk with his children. It is not just mom's job.
True, but whom do you think a 17 year old girl who is pregnant and getting married would want to talk to more and have around? Probably her mother. But the campaign trail awaits, so...Plus, I imagine that Bristol's father will have his hands full taking care of the current baby.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:25 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Just like people on welfare, who you people seem to love and support.
I think it's you that love people on welfare and other gov't assistance programs. Afterall, you want to increase the number of women and children in poverty by requiring that people that can barely feed themselves give birth to others they can't feed.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:26 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Good point.

1) She has a mentally handicapped newborn.

2) A pregnant unwed minor child with no visible means of support.

3) Multiple other children in grade school.

4) Absoulutely no experience in a National office. A heartbeat away from the Presidency.

What was McCain and the GOP thinking?

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
You're all ears? OK....are we generalizing here that all minorities vote Democrat and all whites vote Republican? If so, I'm not even wasting my time discussing anything with you. You're beneath me.

I too live in Texas, where I know plenty of white girls who got knocked up at 17, or considerably younger. It's much higher where abstinence-only is the only "education" (I use that term loosely). And if you think that approach is the fault of Democrats, let me have some of the crack you're smoking.

And FYI - I'm white and neither Republican or Democrat. I am a one-man party.
Lol, beneath you? You must be hanging upside down!

How do you know these 17 year olds were taught abstinence only? Proof? If you can throw **** at the wall and hope some sticks, why can't I join in on the fun?

I'm not Dem or Rep either. But I do clearly dislike the Dems more than I dislike the Republicans. I doubt seriously I would vote for McCain. I don't know if there is anything that could persuade me. But I hope he beats Obama. Personally I'm either voting independent or writing in Ron Paul.

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casstyson View Post
When I first heard Sarah Palin's resume, I thought she was not fit to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Now that I know she has a special needs infant son and an unwed (as yet) teenage daughter who will deliver Palin's first grandchild around the time of the inauguration, I think she is also unfit to be a PARENT. Her focus should be on her family. Instead, she chose to accept a potential role that would take her away from her home in Alaska, uproot her whole family to transplant the to DC, surround them with secret service 24x7, and put never-ending demands on her time.

I'm sorry, but say what you will about morals and family values, teen pregnancy and abortion; that's all irrelevant to my mind in the face of the choices this would-be veep has made -- and makes me wonder what kind of choices she would make if elected, or god forbid ascend to the presidency.

She should resign from the nomination immediately so she can take care of her family, like a loving mother should. She should also step down so someone more experienced can take the second in command role.

But probably she won't step down, because country comes first for this crowd...

Ah well.
You wouldn't be saying this if her husband were on the ticket, and that's because FAUXgressives have taken over the Democratic party. Sexism = Ok. Nobody asks, "should the father be home taking care of the kids?" Nobody CARES that the father is described as a "stay at home dad."

Attacking women is de rigeur this election for Democrats, whilst playing the racism card at any turn.

Maybe OBAMA shouldn't subject his young girls to gangsta rap lyrics, preachers that hump the podium. Maybe NOBODY with small children should run for office.

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
So Obama has been employing conservatives for months in Alaska to start this rumor? I heard it first right after the baby was born from a conservative in Wasilla. Darn that Obama! Has us all foiled again!
It took me 10 minutes of Googling to find proof that the rumor was false. Sorry you can't use some discernment and simply want to believe gossip!

And, yes, it's quite probable that there are Dems behind that "Daily Kos" extravaganza. The "Daily Kos" is a pro-Obama sludge pit.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:27 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Protect unborn babies at all costs, but once they're born they're on their own and if their parents can't support them, well, let them eat cake.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:28 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Good point.

1) She has a mentally handicapped newborn.

2) A pregnant unwed minor child with no visible means of support.

3) Multiple kids in grade school.

4) Absoulutely no experience in a National office. A heartbeat away from the Presidency.

What was McCain and the GOP thinking?
Wow, you liberals are even more bigoted and sexist than I thought! Keep it up though! You should be trying to bail water out of your sinking ship, but instead you steer towards icebergs!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:29 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Sorry are you a mod here? Did the poster break some kind of thread rule? Aren't you supposed to discuss CD infractions in private if you are a mod?

ETA OH I GET IT. You're from the OBAMA world. Where OBAMA dictates what will be discussed and where and when. Sorry, that wont work I dont think.
Good one! There do seem to be a lot of bossy folks on city data! Sorry I can't give you a rep point, Runswithscissors. The automated Rep Point Nazi won't let me until I "spread the points around," even though I haven't tried to rep you since yesterday. What's up with that? How many rep points have to be given to others in the interim before you can give a repeat rep point to one commenter? It is highly annoying. Why are rep points being forcibly rationed???? Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections