U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:47 AM

2,812 posts, read 1,648,951 times

Advertisements

Ya know I was just thinking. Really IS a non-issue.

If Obama thinks that we should have hands off where Michelle is concerned, than so is Sarah Palins daughter. Obama would not like anyone talking anything negative where his daughters are concerned.

Do I think that's how it's going to be though? Not on your life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 11:48 AM

139 posts, read 476,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

LOL OLD BARRY'S COMMENTS ARE GOING TO COME BACK TO HAUNT HIM NOW.
No kidding. Full circle.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 AM

2,260 posts, read 2,381,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
A 17 year old pregnant girl is pretty common in a lot of those ultra red states. Should win some points for Palin as she will now be more "relatable". Hopefully, the teenager won't be trashed by the media since she didn't ask for all of this. Her mon, on the other hand, is fair game like all the other candidates.

P.S., I am all for teaching more abstinence in school and my parents (and some teachers that mentored me) drilled it in my head often and it worked. It seems to me Palin and others like her spend way to much time on the result...unwanted pregnancies and making sure unprepared mothers give birth and a dismal amout of time and resources on the real problem of these young people having sex too early including managing this issue in their own home.
It's pretty common in every state.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:50 AM

41,267 posts, read 24,668,588 times
Quote:
I don't believe for one second that McCain knew about this and selected Palin anyway. He didn't do his homework, and acted hastily. Do we want someone like this making bad decisions based on an impulse? I don't.
PALIN ADMITS HER 17-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT - New York Post

Quote:
MCCAIN KNEW

Senior McCain campaign officials said McCain knew of the daughter's pregnancy when he selected Palin last week as his vice presidential running mate, deciding that it did not disqualify the 44-year-old governor in any way.

In the short period since she was announced last Friday, Palin has helped to energize the Republican Party's conservative base, giving the McCain camp fresh energy going into the campaign for the Nov. 4 election against Democrat Barack Obama.

McCain officials said the news of the daughter's pregnancy was being released to rebut what one aide called "mud-slinging and lies" circulating on liberal blog sites.

According to these rumors, Sarah Palin had faked a pregnancy and pretended to have given birth in May to her fifth child, a son named Trig who has Down syndrome. The rumor was that Trig was actually Bristol Palin's child and that Sarah Palin was the grandmother.

A senior McCain campaign official said the McCain camp was appalled that these rumors had not only been spread around liberal blog sites and partisan Democrats, but also were the subject of heightened interest from mainstream news media.

"The despicable rumors that have been spread by liberal blogs, some even with Barack Obama's name in them, is a real anchor around the Democratic ticket, pulling them down in the mud in a way that certainly juxtaposes themselves against their 'campaign of change,'" a senior aide said.
Apparently he knew. Why would that disqualify Palin as VP? Children of candidates should not be target in political campaigns. How sad the left have sunk so far into pond scum.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:50 AM

19,072 posts, read 3,904,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I don't think so.

ETA - Palin, not Pain
It's really no one's business except the family's.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:51 AM

41,267 posts, read 24,668,588 times
Quote:
If Obama thinks that we should have hands off where Michelle is concerned, than so is Sarah Palins daughter. Obama would not like anyone talking anything negative where his daughters are concerned.
You can bet this little bird was put in the left-wing kook blogs ear by the obama campaign/democrat party.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:52 AM

6,586 posts, read 16,419,358 times
It was smart to release this news during a hurricane, otherwise we'd be wall to wall coverage on "Palin's Teen Daughter Pregnancy Crisis" and that would be uncool.

(and I am not a Republican)

Old 09-01-2008, 11:52 AM

645 posts, read 559,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I don't believe for one second that McCain knew about this and selected Palin anyway. He didn't do his homework, and acted hastily. Do we want someone like this making bad decisions based on an impulse? I don't.
McCain didn't know, and I bet PALIN didn't know either. Would she have jeopardized losing the election? Would she have put her daughter into the fray like that?

Old 09-01-2008, 11:54 AM

783 posts, read 1,348,863 times
It is an unfortunate situation and they will get through it just like all of the other families out here that have had to deal with it. Unfortunately, the spotlight is on them big-time right now (especially with the shock-factor way Palin was announced to us) so they better get ready for the criticisms, jokes, nastiness, immaturity, and everything else that comes with being in the public eye as a political family. And I have to say that if this was Obama's daughter and she was 17 and pregnant, the responses in this thread would be completely different. I think the Palin's will handle this situation just fine but there is no way the media is going to respect their privacy on this. Its just not going to happen and they shouldn't expect it to.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:54 AM

3,864 posts, read 6,905,546 times
Her parents cant very well say anything about this- Sarah was pregnant when they got married too. Family tradition...

I DO hope they give the girl some privacy, though. It's got to be hard for her. No need to make her even more ashamed by having it all over the press. Let's let this one rest and talk about the issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections