Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 11:11 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
The question was hypothetical and you refused to respond because you know you and your croonies would be painting them as sex-crazed irresponsible loons. You got SChick making up stories about Biden causing the death of his wife and child and yet you would let this issue go if it involved one of Obama's daughters. Think not!
That's exactly what I said in my earlier post. The responses in this thread would be completely different and the news coverage wouldn't even be about the hurricane anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 11:13 AM

382 posts, read 589,828 times
I don't think this will be an issue with the Democrats. Obama is too classy and professional to stoop that low. I just wonder how this will play to the conservative base.

645 posts, read 909,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Neither were my parents yet they were very strict and I still found a way to "do the nasty", but I took precautions. But I'm a guy so its OK.
She could have gone to her local Planned Parenthood, and since she is 17, they would have provided birth control pills for her. Sad.

3,454 posts, read 7,409,608 times
Wow, she's made a mistake and is now being Punished With A Baby®!

It'll be telling to see how they handle it.

If they're smart, they'll wait until 24 weeks and abort a perfectly viable fetus, to show they're in touch with liberals and reaching out to the Other Side Of The Aisle®.

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
Clearly Sarah Palin failed as a mother. Of course the girl will marry the boy, of course she will keep the child. She will have to toe the Repuglican line. Sad.
Live a little longer.

1,845 posts, read 4,228,760 times
Quote:
I thought all Repugnican children were taught abstinence only! Isn't it a sin to have sex before the holy sacrament of Marriage?
Do you think this is what Obama is going to say?

Old 09-01-2008, 11:14 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Chalk up another win for old-fashioned family values.
Abstinence is a hallmark of the GOP isn't it??? So what is Trig going to be to this baby???

Old 09-01-2008, 11:14 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,610 times
Quote:
Sarah Palin was too busy with her own agenda to watch what her daugher was doing. She never had the good old birth control talk, or better yet the abstinence speech. Typical Repugnant ways. Disgusting.

Birth control? Birth control in Alaska?

Isn't 40 below zero the best birth control known to mankind? Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:15 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The pregnancy is a result of a woman who likes to have children, but doesn't care to supervise them. She's nothing but a baby factory...pushes them out, then goes about her way.
Wow, upton you just described every woman who employs a nanny or sends their kids to daycare.....Way to win the womens vote

Old 09-01-2008, 11:15 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Teenagers - UGH!

I think McCain's base would be a lot more upset if it was a "teen abortion" story. I could be wrong.

However, for all the mothers throughout the US who have had to deal with this scenario in their own homes while doing their wage paying jobs, I suppose it makes Sarah Palin seem even more like regular folks. I suspect it won't be the first kid issue she has to deal with over the years, just like any other parent.

Personally, I like Sarah Palin because the rest of the 3 candidates don't know squat about energy or management effectiveness/efficiency issues or getting appropriations bills done on time (both Dems and Repubs). These are guys that read lobbyist talking points, kiss media butt, ruminate, bloviate, vote "no," strut during hearings and name post offices. Personally, I like her because she's a cut to the chase, outdoorswoman with a finely honed bulls**t detection meter.

I still think the dirty word in this election cycle is "SENATORS."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections