Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:35 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times

Advertisements

Politician kids should get a pass and I think they generally do, no matter what they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 10:35 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Anyway a liberal would have had it aborted.
Yeah or had a partial birth, or a live birth out of abortion at 24 weeks. I believe that quite a few Americans can identify with this daughter INCLUDING A LARGE AMOUNT OF OBAMA supporters..They better keep their noses clean over in Obamaland.

His demographic is not just the liberal elite but the other end of the spectrum How about the millions of single mothers in his demographic?

OBAMA:

I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby.

LOL OLD BARRY'S COMMENTS ARE GOING TO COME BACK TO HAUNT HIM NOW.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 AM

240 posts, read 580,876 times
17 is young but I think it is starting to be the normal which is sad...Her family will take care her baby. The worst thing is the media would find a way to make it into positive situation to benefit Palin....Do the father want to marry her or it her parents that are forcing him

Old 09-01-2008, 10:40 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I see it's true and I have no problem with it. McCain knew and didn't think it a problem.
I don't believe for one second that McCain knew about this and selected Palin anyway. He didn't do his homework, and acted hastily. Do we want someone like this making bad decisions based on an impulse? I don't.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:40 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Just once, I'd like some GOP voter have the nerve to admit that the GOP is no more "FAMILY VALUES" than anybody else.

My God they are so hypocritical. Going on and on about what two consenting adults do in their bedroom, who they can love, who they can marry.

McCain, a 43 year old adulterer multiple times over. Left his family for a 25 year old girl.

Now their "abstinence only" sex education failed again. The mother had her 5th baby at 44 when the risk for Down's Syndrome goes up 10 fold!!

These people are frigggin kooks!!

Last edited by padcrasher; 09-01-2008 at 10:50 AM..

Old 09-01-2008, 10:42 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zasie View Post
17 is young but I think it is starting to be the normal which is sad...Her family will take care her baby. The worst thing is the media would find a way to make it into positive situation to benefit Palin....Do the father want to marry her or it her parents that are forcing him
Sorry but the birth rate of teenagers had been going down since 1991. In 2006, it started going up again. The fruitful product of Bush's emphasis on abstinence education?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:43 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,908 times
I could care less about it.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,490 times
A 17 year old pregnant girl is pretty common in a lot of those ultra red states. Should win some points for Palin as she will now be more "relatable". Hopefully, the teenager won't be trashed by the media since she didn't ask for all of this. Her mon, on the other hand, is fair game like all the other candidates.

P.S., I am all for teaching more abstinence in school and my parents (and some teachers that mentored me) drilled it in my head often and it worked. It seems to me Palin and others like her spend way to much time on the result...unwanted pregnancies and making sure unprepared mothers give birth and a dismal amout of time and resources on the real problem of these young people having sex too early including managing this issue in their own home.

645 posts, read 1,964,265 times
I wonder if her "baby's daddy" will be hanging out in the white house

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
What would one expect from a Mother that has 5 children. Do you think she had the birth control discussion with her? What happened to the abstinence only curriculum that Bush advocated? I guess she didn't have that discussion either.

Sarah Palin was too busy to pay attention to what her daugher was doing. Sad.
So it would be better to lie about it,.... make the girl have an abortion and than say it never happened which is the Liberal way!
How pathetic and hateful you are. So than you probably agree with Fowler wishing "Gustav" hits the USA is a good thing too! Just remember that Gustav is also hitting Dems! I think you all forget that in your wake of hate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections