Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

The parents didn't do an effective job of raising their daughter. This reflects not so well on Palin, considering she is fundamentalist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Heck no.
But I sure did used to respect him.
I lost respect for John McCain after the 2k election, letting the Rovenator and his band of decrepit numbskulls do what they did AND then just tell everyone no harm no foul, it's just politics and then giving Wonderboy the big papa smurf hug heard round the world.

McCain is in freefall, he has lost his soul completely and the Maverick has ridden off into the sunset.

So thanks you old fart, your Harriet Miers decision to choose a Katie Pierson lookalike with glasses who celebrates her daughter getting knocked up by thrusting her into the spotlight, only to find out that you are a Pentecostal who is married to a drunk, but boy she 'sho does like shootin' those semiautomatic rifles ... thanks man! You completely screwed the pooch and now you have handed a self intoxicated clueless kid the keys to the whitehouse! Why am I ticked about it??? I have no idea, I wasn't going to vote for either of those boneheads, but I wanted it to be close for crying out loud!!!

I'm wigging out!!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 02:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Default He's Done More Thank That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, the Harvard Law Review is a book/magazine thats published.. So because he headed up the publishing of a book, he's qualified to be president? Harvard Law Review - About the Law Review
You pulled out only one achievement... Shows that you only read part of the post. And not every joker can head up the Law Review. And many people couldn't begin to enter Harvard. Let's see, I think Sarah Palin went to U. of Idaho. Big whoopee!!

And from the article you quoted, "Aside from serving as an important academic forum for legal scholarship, the Review has two other goals. First, the journal is designed to be an effective research tool for practicing lawyers and students of the law. Second, it provides opportunities for Review members to develop their own editing and writing skills. Accordingly, each issue contains pieces by student editors as well as outside authors."

Had you even heard of the Harvard Law Review before?

"The Review publishes articles by professors, judges, and practitioners and solicits reviews of important recent books from recognized experts. All articles—even those by the most respected authorities—are subjected to a rigorous editorial process designed to sharpen and strengthen substance and tone."

Old 09-02-2008, 02:51 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Why do you keep going off topic?
We have a term for it now, and it's called "Tuckering."

Old 09-02-2008, 02:58 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
To be editor of Harvard Law Review puts you on the partner track at the most selective, competitive law firms in the country - I know of one (I worked there) who rejects almost everyone - you wouldn't believe the resumes that were rejected. Amazing people.

It is a BIG deal. It is, perhaps, the most prestigious law review appointment? It makes a career.

It says much more about his potential as a leader than being mayor of a little hick strip mall town in Alaska.

Obama chose public service, and I thank him for it...

Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post

Obama chose public service, and I thank him for it...
Because he wanted a career in politics and wasn't cut out for litigation, if his lackluster legal career is any indication. Period.

And by the way, after law school he worked for a firm. Just not in Washington. Doing transactional work and what appears to be small claims work.

::::YAWWWWN::::

Old 09-02-2008, 05:24 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post

But I really have a problem with the fact that Palin is subjecting her daughter to this. She knew she was a pregnant 17 year old which is certainly something that causes any girl that age a lot of angst...so what does she do? Thrusts her into the national spotlight where she can be shredded.
Did you have a problem with the Obama camp putting whispers out there saying that she covered for her teenager by claiming that the downs syndrome baby was her own?

Had that insinuation not have been made, the fact that her daughter is pregnant would not have had to be made public.

Where's your righteous indignation over that??

Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The parents didn't do an effective job of raising their daughter. This reflects not so well on Palin, considering she is fundamentalist.
Like Obama said "His mom had him at 18." Not sure why everyone thinks this is the worst that could happen to a family. People in rural areas have been getting pregnant and married at age 15 - 16 probably since the beginning of time.
I'm sure this is not what they wanted but the boy seems to be stepping up to marry her, so the baby will have a mother and father.

What's the big deal. This happens to American families everyday , not just to Republicans.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:14 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Like Obama said "His mom had him at 18." Not sure why everyone thinks this is the worst that could happen to a family. People in rural areas have been getting pregnant and married at age 15 - 16 probably since the beginning of time.
I'm sure this is not what they wanted but the boy seems to be stepping up to marry her, so the baby will have a mother and father.

What's the big deal. This happens to American families everyday , not just to Republicans.

The issue is her stance on abstinence only education and the failures of that policy and the results it has had on her own family. It leads to higher rates of teen pregnancy as well as sexually transmitted diseases, etc, etc. She is a hypocrite big time!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:08 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think it was 3 days. Oh, I can hear your next lame argument - how cruel of her to leave a newborn and go back to work.
I don't think it's lame at all. What's more important than making a newborn feel loved by its mother? To go off to work after 3 days shows a cold-hearted, ambitious woman. Certainly not the "Family Values" the Republicans love to tout!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections