Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 06:05 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,393,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
End up in divorce?

Do you know that arranged marriages last longer than most marriages?
Because arranged marriages occur in countries where woman are basically slaves of their husbands.

Are you advocating this now?
Given the extremes of the right recently, it wouldn't surprise me frankly.

Quote:
You're right..she should just abort the baby, and make believe she never got pregnant.
Can you read?

I said she should have opted for adoption.

I guess reading comprehension is something lacking in today's conservative movement along with logic, reasoning, fact analysis...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 06:06 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,156,211 times
No one should knock the kid. But the whole thing reeks of hypocrisy. The whole if its in my house its okay type of thing. Some, not all, Christian conservatives tend to be some of the judgmental people on the planet. I'm pretty sure if this happened on the other side a candidate would be judged for it.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:07 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,571,278 times
Quote:
End up in divorce?

Do you know that arranged marriages last longer than most marriages?

You're right..she should just abort the baby, and make believe she never got pregnant.
Since when is "oops, I'm pregnant" an arranged marriage?

Old 09-01-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Very true, every bit of what you said. Maybe it's time for true fiscal conservatives, Main Streeters, Wall Streeters, Log Cabin Republicans and other "classic" republicans to leave the GOP and join the Libertarian Party, leaving the GOP to the evango-fascists on the wacko right.
I actually used to support the Republican Party but that party has gone completely off the deep end. It have been taken over by religious extremist, homophobes, and anti-evolution lunatics. Sad.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:08 PM

11,287 posts, read 16,564,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
Underage pregnancy?

Seventeen year old moms? Happens all the time. Difference is Bristol's family has the influence, money, and power to help her every step of the way - support other underage moms rarely have.

Guess that Nancy Reagan "just say no" advise did not help in this case. Time for a rewrite on that family values thing.

Bristol gets knocked up from doing the big nasty? Red Alert to GOP - youngsters dig sex too, even if evangelicals preach it's a naughty failing of self-control to have intercourse before marriage. Hey, life happens. Mom is away a lot from the nest advancing her high-powered political career. Good for her. I definitely like seeing women succeeding, but let's be real, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Don't ask me to explain if you don't understand. These people will work it out. Other families with pregnant kids aren't so lucky, but lets limit their choices - right Republicans?

That's like saying rich kids don't do drugs because they're rich.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,156,211 times
Quote:
Hey at least we believe in keeping the children, and not aborting it as some 'mistake' in life.
I don't know what goes on in the Palin home. But I guess its pretty fair to assume birth control was a no-no. The whole thing could have been avoided with birth control. It's pretty rational and practical.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,539,299 times
Hypocrisy?

So we teach our children not to use drugs, and they go use it.

Does that make us less of a parent or less of a leader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
No one should knock the kid. But the whole thing reeks of hypocrisy. The whole if its in my house its okay type of thing. Some, not all, Christian conservatives tend to be some of the judgmental people on the planet. I'm pretty sure if this happened on the other side a candidate would be judged for it.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Rich kids do drugs, but they have the money to hire lawyers, drug counselors, etc.

Poor kids get convicted of felonies and thrown in jail with the worst of society and then the cycle starts all over again...

Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,539,299 times
Ok come back to the United States.

You sound like an extremist taking it all to the extreme.
I never said outside of the United States....
You don't know how to read because you like to read what you WANT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Because arranged marriages occur in countries where woman are basically slaves of their husbands.

Are you advocating this now?
Given the extremes of the right recently, it wouldn't surprise me frankly.

Can you read?

I said she should have opted for adoption.

I guess reading comprehension is something lacking in today's conservative movement along with logic, reasoning, fact analysis...

Old 09-01-2008, 06:11 PM

26,115 posts, read 48,712,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
NO!

That's like saying rich kids get into RE-HAB while poor kids get into JAIL.

That's like saying rich kids get into YALE on daddy's influence and drink their way through college.

That's like saying rich kids get into the USNA on daddy's influence and graduate damned near dead last in a class of 859 men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections