Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 05:19 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times

Advertisements

Come back to reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Hey...you were the one who couldn't even comprehend a simple post advocating adoption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 05:20 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Let's be real. If this happens to a candidate on the left, a lot of people on the right would be using it as some kind of reflection on poor values, etc.

That's the hypocrisy I specifically speak of.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:21 PM

You're supposed to follow God not His followers or those who claim they are.

Quote:
Yes...Christians in this country are such excellent advocates for their religion!

Pat Robertson really makes me want to join up and join the crowd of homophobic, anti-science, anti-personal freedom, judgmental, flat-earth extremists.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:22 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,405,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Your point? When did I say I was God?
You said that Christianity teaches you to judge and I was responding to that statement.

Wow...it is difficult to have a conversation with someone so bereft of comprehension ability.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:22 PM

Let's be real.

If it happened to either party, they both will bring it up.

Does it make it right? no.
Are most politicians dirty? yes.

Are we politicians? no. Then why do it ourselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Let's be real. If this happens to a candidate on the left, a lot of people on the right would be using it as some kind of reflection on poor values, etc.

That's the hypocrisy I specifically speak of.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 PM

Judge right from wrong.

Hey she's committing sin. That's judging
Hey she committed fornication. That's judging.

Hey she's damned to hell. That's condemnation.

Sorry I thought you knew the difference.

Quote:
You said that Christianity teaches you to judge and I was responding to that statement.

Wow...it is difficult to have a conversation with someone so bereft of comprehension ability.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:31 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Let's be real.

If it happened to either party, they both will bring it up.

Does it make it right? no.
Are most politicians dirty? yes.

Are we politicians? no. Then why do it ourselves?
All that being said it doesn't make what's going on any less hypocritical.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
The sad thing about this entire episode is that the girl (and she is a girl, not a woman) is being pressured into marriage. I am pro-choice and if it were me, I would not have the child. But even apart from that (I can respect people making a different decision), getting married and attempting to raise a child when one is still in high school??!!? How responsible is that?

Sadly, this is going to end badly for this girl. She will eventually get divorced and it is very likely her child will also be effected by this trauma. If her family is so insistent on her having the child, a more responsible action would be to place the child for adoption. Instead, because of the extreme religious beliefs of her family, she is being pressured into this shotgun wedding straight out of the Ozarks.

Sad what has happened to the Republican Party when it was overtaken by religious fanatics.
I agree and wonder why these Palin women just can't take the advice of one of the repubs in here and just "keep their legs together".....look at the problems their behaviour has caused...two totally selfish, self-centered people.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:33 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Yes...Christians in this country are such excellent advocates for their religion!

Pat Robertson really makes me want to join up and join the crowd of homophobic, anti-science, anti-personal freedom, judgmental, flat-earth extremists.
Maybe you don't realize that there are a LOT of Christians who have the same reaction to Pat Robertson.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:35 PM

He knows...just wants to be ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Maybe you don't realize that there are a LOT of Christians who have the same reaction to Pat Robertson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections