Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who picked a better running mate?
John McCain 16 23.88%
Barack Obama 51 76.12%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 06:26 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,504,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Guess I have no brain because I say Mccain!
Hey that rhymes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 06:34 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,590,707 times
Lightbulb Umm...ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Albeit, a much more BORING one. btw, Biden, himself stated in the primaries that he felt Obama didn't have enough experience to be president.
So did President Clinton....but now....
August 27, 2008 08:36 PM
Clearly, the job of the next President is to rebuild the American Dream and restore America's standing in the world.

Everything I learned in my eight years as President and in the work I've done since, in America and across the globe, has convinced me that Barack Obama is the man for this job.

He has a remarkable ability to inspire people, to raise our hopes and rally us to high purpose. He has the intelligence and curiosity every successful President needs. His policies on the economy, taxes, health care and energy are far superior to the Republican alternatives. He has shown a clear grasp of our foreign policy and national security challenges, and a firm commitment to repair our badly strained military. His family heritage and life experiences have given him a unique capacity to lead our increasingly diverse nation and to restore our leadership in an ever more interdependent world. The long, hard primary tested and strengthened him. And in his first presidential decision, the selection of a running mate, he hit it out of the park.

With Joe Biden's experience and wisdom, supporting Barack Obama's proven understanding, insight, and good instincts, America will have the national security leadership we need.

Barack Obama is ready to lead America and restore American leadership in the world. Ready to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. Barack Obama is ready to be President of the United States.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:35 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,480,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
McCain wouldnt dare ask Palin anything, and its clear that he does not value anothers opinion or he wouldnt have picked her. Why should we believe he really cares what she thinks when he barely knows her? Now I'm supposed to believe he is going to listen to her when he just met her?
History has shown that presidents don't ask their VP's anything...or even involve them in their inner circle. Cheney has been an exception...but that's because Bush is incapable of running the country himself.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Barack Obama is ready to lead America and restore American leadership in the world. Ready to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. Barack Obama is ready to be President of the United States.
I am sure that Barack Obama is an intelligent man, and capable to lead America...I just don't think the black community in this country is ready for a black president.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:56 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
This is no contest.

Obama knowing he's weak on foreign policy made use of good judgement when picked Biden who was an excellent fit.

McCain totally displayed horrid judgement with his choice of Palin who was damaged goods with little experience.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,387,051 times
Quote:
I am sure that Barack Obama is an intelligent man, and capable to lead America...I just don't think the black community in this country is ready for a black president.
Condy's running for president?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:35 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,590,707 times
Question Really? Interesting..

Quote:
Have you asked them? The black community is part of the entire community of the United States and no Community has any stock greater than the rest on who should be President. The polls like to break down the groups in as many demographics as possible, and so based on this I will make the following statement.

The black community is like any other, they have the ability to decide independently as do the Jewish, Russian, Asian, Native American, Chinese, German, African , Latino and Hispanic, and all other groups that comprise the litany of American citizens who will support, cast a Vote and hire the next President.

We will know the citizens are ready when the votes cast are counted. Until then we rely on the objectivity and math of the pollsters, as a gauge of the sentiment, of the Nation. E pluribus Unum.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Condy's running for president?
Ummm, no. Barack Obama is. Condolezza's not even in the picture...where you been?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:45 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,748,338 times
I saw this somewhere else, but I totally agree with it...

Obama picked a VP who would improve his presidency, McCain picked a VP who would improve his candidacy.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:47 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,758,225 times
for the Biden pick I was like "meh"
for the Palin pick I was like "lol"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections