Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:07 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
PLEASE DON'T DISRESPECT GOD!

I like to share my comments and opinions which are not always polite, not always fair, and tends to kid a lot; But I will never disrepect God.

Disagree with me all you want, disrepect me all you want, debate me all you want, talk about me all you want, joke on me all you want, have my post deleted all you want, argue with me all you want, and so on....

BUT I BEGG YOU, PLEASE DON'T DISRESPECT GOD!

I'm sure there are others that might feel this way also. So let's talk politic and still respect God. Thanks!
Now if snake charmers like Pat Robertson could just respect God, we'd be set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 07:10 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,574,446 times
It is not GOD that is disrespected, but the hypocrites that hide behind a book!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:11 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
It isn't that you are required to believe. It isn't that you aren't free to mock. It is just that when you know that doing so causes others so much pain, for no good purpose, wouldn't it be a kindness not to? I'm not saying that railing against some religious PEOPLE is wrong or necessarily hurtful. I'm not saying that railing against some religious beliefs is necessarily wrong or hurtful. I'm just saying that when you mock God Himself or His Son, it does cause great pain to those who love Him. Do you see the difference and understand what I'm trying to get at?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:20 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:

I like to share my comments and opinions which are not always polite, not always fair, and tends to kid a lot; But I will never disrepect God.

Disagree with me all you want, disrepect me all you want, debate me all you want, talk about me all you want, joke on me all you want, have my post deleted all you want, argue with me all you want, and so on....

I'm sure there are others that might feel this way also. So let's talk politic and still respect God. Thanks!
You might be happier if you stayed in the Christian forum instead. I don't believe that I've mocked your god, but I know that he doesn't exist. Anyway, as long as you don't try to "god bless" me or pray for my soul, we'll get along just fine. Also, you have no right to say what I do with my uterus or body.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:25 PM

389 posts, read 1,095,430 times
Quote:

Why are you mixing God and politics anyway?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:29 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
I don't believe in abortions, and you're right about we not having the right to tell you what to do with your body.

BUT nobody is talking about you. It's the BABY in your body that we're concerned about. There's no difference in aborting an unborn child then killing your newborn baby.

Be responsible, and nobody would care less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You might be happier if you stayed in the Christian forum instead. I don't believe that I've mocked your god, but I know that he doesn't exist. Anyway, as long as you don't try to "god bless" me or pray for my soul, we'll get along just fine. Also, you have no right to say what I do with my uterus or body.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
It isn't that you are required to believe. It isn't that you aren't free to mock. It is just that when you know that doing so causes others so much pain, for no good purpose, wouldn't it be a kindness not to? I'm not saying that railing against some religious PEOPLE is wrong or necessarily hurtful. I'm not saying that railing against some religious beliefs is necessarily wrong or hurtful. I'm just saying that when you mock God Himself or His Son, it does cause great pain to those who love Him. Do you see the difference and understand what I'm trying to get at?
Another deceitful post. Right after you're mocking McCain's medical issues affecting his smile?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
Why are you mixing God and politics anyway?
It's part of the Democrat way while they shift focus and accuse Republicans of being zealots. While they are phonies and nothing more.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 PM
LML

Christians have an interest in politics too. To tell us that, because we are Christians, we must be confined to one board and not be free to discuss our interest in politics is infringing on OUR freedom of speech. You know, there is freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. Look, all the OP and I are asking is don't go out of your way to be hurtful and insulting. If that is asking too much.....well, not much we can do about it is there.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Another deceitful post. Right after you're mocking McCain's medical issues affecting his smile?

#1, If you are equating Senator McCain with God....wow....talk about political zealots.

#2. In all honesty I didn't even THINK about McCain's medical issues when I agreed with another poster that his smile was strange. I was just commenting that his smile seems strained and more like a grimace. How in the world is that mocking someone's medical condition?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections