Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 08:17 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times

Advertisements

Craziest things? I'm sure you heard that Christians believe that a baby is formed at conception. It IS a BEING at conception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I try to never enter an abortion debate, but what you just wrote is one of the craziest things I've ever heard. "...nobody is talking about you. It's the baby in your body that we're concerned about." Does this seem logical to you? Until a baby can live on its own, it's a one-package deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 08:17 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
What happened to freedom of speech?
My thoughts exactly.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,845 times
Hehehe, the young liberals (most will grow up) and the gender challenged seem to have the most fun with the topic. Good, enjoy because it will backfire.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post

Also, just because abortions/homosexuality is wrong doesn't give a Christians the right to condemn these people. That is NOT in the Bible.

There are too many people from different religions who like to ADD or TAKE AWAY from their bibles. It's called hypocrisy. Either you believe it or you don't.
Wrong according to whom? Are you gay? If not, you really have no clue what it's like.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:19 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Freedom of speech? You realize that the Amendment you claim is guaranteeing you that the Federal gov't can't take away your right to speech. It does not mean that a forum like this can't. It's really not that difficult to understand if you would just read the document. Please?

Ignoring that, when you decide to speak your mind, you also accept all the consequences that come with what you say. If others ridicule you for believing in a man who may or may not have lived 2000 years ago, that's the price you have to pay for being able to believe in another version of Horus.

My belief system, that religion is the same as mythology, is just as important to me as your worship of Jesus Christ is to you.

Any list of references with JP Holding is not going to hold any credibility. He is a fraud and his works found spurious. A true Christian apologist would see this website as an attempt to shroud facts and perpetuate myths. And another reference on this site, Tarot Cards? You might want to switch to Kitchen or Sproul as more credible references. You may want to be more careful what info you throw out, someone might know a little about the subject.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:20 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
And I am sad to see that so many whose posts I normally enjoy have no respect for my views.
I don't know if it is a matter of disrespecting your views as opposed to disrespecting your request.

Quote:
And, for the ones who say I can not vote democratic AND be a Christian,
As I mentioned before and as you now verify, your respect only goes one way. There are millions of devote Christians who vote Democratic every election cycle yet you have appointed yourself as the arbiter of how a Christian should or shouldn't vote. You have to give respect to receive it.

Quote:
thank heavens you are not the one who decides that. I know God and you're not Him.
Decides what? I decide for myself, free will, and no one else so what on earth are you talking about? As for not being God, well I certainly know that.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:20 PM

How ignorant is that?

These terrorists believe that ANYONE who doesn't believe in Allah should be killed.

Geez at least Christians aren't killing anyone here in the United States.
Muslims are coming here to kill us because they want to take over.
Are you now going to succumb to their beliefs because they're using violence to spread their message?

Talk about an extremist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
EXACTLY!!!! Whatever happened to the separation of church and state, and freedom to choose ones spiritual beliefs? No religion should get preferential treatment in America. And if anything, our country being so christian leaning to the rest of the world is causing us to be hated more by the terrorists. I resent that as an American, I might have a target painted on my back because of GW Bush saying that your christian god is with our troops. It makes our dealings with terrorism into more of a holy war or jihad with our Muslim enemies. And that's not good at all.

I hate organized religions. I think that they do more harm than good at this point. And I wish that the pope would change his mind about contraception. There are way too many humans on our planet.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:21 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Craziest things? I'm sure you heard that Christians believe that a baby is formed at conception. It IS a BEING at conception.
I agree. The argument should be when a human being should be given the rights covered by our Constitution. That's a proper legal argument. When live begins is a scientific debate. Again, it's when people bring their religions into discussions, they need to be ready to deal with the consequences that someone might not believe them.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:22 PM

Read the text you will see that I'm referring to Christians.

Please let me know if you dont understand what is written, and I can forward you to an online dictionary, thesaurus, or even Ingles sin barreras.

So if I don't do something then I wont know how it's like? lol Ok sure

Quote:
Wrong according to whom? Are you gay? If not, you really have no clue what it's like.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:23 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,845 times
Quote:

I seriously doubt any homosexual is really "gay" probably moreso depressed or confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections