Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 06:22 PM

365 posts, read 525,275 times

Advertisements

PLEASE DON'T DISRESPECT GOD!

I like to share my comments and opinions which are not always polite, not always fair, and tends to kid a lot; But I will never disrepect God.

Disagree with me all you want, disrepect me all you want, debate me all you want, talk about me all you want, joke on me all you want, have my post deleted all you want, argue with me all you want, and so on....

BUT I BEGG YOU, PLEASE DON'T DISRESPECT GOD!

I'm sure there are others that might feel this way also. So let's talk politic and still respect God. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 06:24 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Does Gawd approve this message?

Old 09-01-2008, 06:35 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post

I like to share my comments and opinions which are not always polite, not always fair, and tends to kid a lot; But I will never disrepect God.

Disagree with me all you want, disrepect me all you want, debate me all you want, talk about me all you want, joke on me all you want, have my post deleted all you want, argue with me all you want, and so on....

I'm sure there are others that might feel this way also. So let's talk politic and still respect God. Thanks!

I agree with you completely. I think that those who are not believers do not really understand just how much it hurts the believer to have the One they love so much mocked. It feels like a knife twisting in my heart each time I read the mocking posts. If people would imagine how you'd feel if someone mocked your mother or father and then multiply it by 1 million you would have some idea how much it hurts.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:41 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Unfortunately there may be more than a few vacuous and boorish clods lurking here, who care not a whit about another's faith or cherished beliefs. Just a heads up.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:42 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,676 times
http://blatanttruth.org/jesus_followers.gif (broken link)

Old 09-01-2008, 06:44 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post

All of them, or just the Christian one?

Old 09-01-2008, 06:45 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times

How about this. You keep religion out of these politics and those of us who might offend you will keep our politics out of your religion. That's a good compromise.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:56 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post

How about this. You keep religion out of these politics and those of us who might offend you will keep our politics out of your religion. That's a good compromise.
I was just talking about this yesterday with a friend. How republicans and Christians seem to rally the base via a persecution complex.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:00 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,061,990 times
How does one disrespect something that does not exist, or at least in the version ascribed to by most so-called religious folks?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,158 times
What happened to freedom of speech?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections