Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 08:56 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
That's good news, because Barack has more negatives than anyone in this race.
It's possible. Hey, I'm just being objective.

The middle name Hussein has been an effective tool to swing some votes McCain's way. Now a teenage pregnancy out of wedlock will shift the tide in the other direction at bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 08:57 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times
Thats right, and dowt the stretch when the wright, phleger, ayers, rezko video loop is burying obamas a$$ you will see how a smear campaign really works

Quote:
That's good news, because Barack has more negatives than anyone in this race.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
There is a degree of "trashing" but you have to take some accountability (something those on the right so proudly embrace right?) and admit that she wasn't vetted much at all. There is one story after another coming out about her, and finally a new one about her belonging to a political organization that wanted to secede from the USA.

Not good.
Hey, I'm willing to live with the truth. But I'm not interested in the lies.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:59 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
The "trashing" is not Palin but that she presents an issue [daughter's pregnancy] of controversy esp for moralistic Republicans. The VP pick should never get more coverage than the presidential candidate. This is a poor judgment decision by McCain & he may regret picking the Alaska governor.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
.... This is a poor judgment decision by McCain & he may regret picking the Alaska governor.
If McCain reads THIS forum, he'll damned sure regret it!

Old 09-01-2008, 09:03 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Hey, I'm willing to live with the truth. But I'm not interested in the lies.
Then own the truth:

She's against sex ed and her teen daughter is pregnant.

She's being investigated for abuse of power, a commissioner has testified against her.

She belonged to a political group that no longer wanted to be a state of the union.

She was up to her neck in earmarks.

More on the way....

Old 09-01-2008, 09:05 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times
All lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Then own the truth:

She's against sex ed and her teen daughter is pregnant.

She's being investigated for abuse of power, a commissioner has testified against her.

She belonged to a political group that no longer wanted to be a state of the union.

She was up to her neck in earmarks.

More on the way....

Old 09-01-2008, 09:06 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
I have to say that I was torn about voting. My preference was for Hillary, though I really like McCain 2000, which I think he could come back as if he was elected. But with Palin as the VP pick, I just don't think I could vote for him. She speaks well, she has confidence, she has been governor of Alaska for almost 2 years, but does that qualify someone to be Vice-President?

Surely there were just as or even more qualified people to be McCain's running mate, people who wouldn't have had all these issues cropping up and had more experience, no?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
why is it McCain screws up and Obamatrons have to pay? They should be commenting on how comfortable they feel with what their candidate has dealt them to argue with.
Am i the only obama supporter who actually likes the term Obamatrons?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
If McCain reads THIS forum, he'll damned sure regret it!
I'm sure John has better things to do that read the garbage written in here. Planning for his presidency takes priority over listening to people make up trash and tell lies.
None of the trash talking makes any difference on either side, people just have no life so they dwell in the scum pits...
All of you doubters will be begging to vote for John and Sarah by November...
Now go get a hobby...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections