Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Good research!
Thank you for the kudo.

Remember though I was old enough to clearly remember the McGovern mess---------I was 14 years old and lived in the Wash DC area then (no comment)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Just grabbing straws, keep on wishing.
You quoted me but you didn't read and comprehend. Let me slow this down a bit for you...

I hope that Sarah S T A Y S on the ticket as she is easy to beat. If McCain picks someone else, it would be a much closer race.

As for Youtube, you should really watch that video...Cindy McCain really did say that Sarah has foreign knowledge because she is from Alaska which is next door to Russia!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:20 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
None of it has much consequence? You are kidding right? Oh wait, no you are not kidding! This is "Teatime" from the other day...the one who will vote for Palin JUST BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN! The economy, the war, Health care and all the things Hillary fought so hard for, you were willing to throw them all away just so you could see a woman (ANY woman as you have proven) in office.

You are right about one thing, the American people are not that stupid!
You really have lost a lot of credibility...

Source: http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post5054586
Sorry to disrupt your tirade, but I decided to vote for McCain months ago, before Palin. And calling me names doesn't make your disgusting candidate any more palatable or legitimate.

Barack Obama and Africa

Old 09-01-2008, 10:20 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
If Palin has to decline the VP job it will be the final stroke in a dying McCain candidacy. It would be unprecedented & put the Republicans into panic mode where they are most incoherent [President Bush case in point]. This will be terrible for the GOP & truly the hand of God is messing with them big time
Yeah, then they would be truly desperate. They may just say Barack Obama fathered a child with a black woman.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Suffice to say: I would prefer McCain over Obama; but we are only discussing a few political degrees at most here------------they were that close in my eyes.

If Palin were to go and McCain were to get either Romney or Condi.........then Obama may be in real trouble.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:26 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Suffice to say: I would prefer McCain over Obama; but we are only discussing a few political degrees at most here------------they were that close in my eyes.

If Palin were to go and McCain were to get either Romney or Condi.........then Obama may be in real trouble.

And that is exactly what I am talking about. I can't give you another rep point but you are the first who gets it! I even think Pawlenty will give Obama a problem...

Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 PM

478 posts, read 959,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

The Base absolutely adores Palin and her family. She's not going anywhere, except to the WH.

The BASE are the same swath of mental cretins who have gotten this country into the mess we are in now.

I'm sure "The Base" do indeed adore this unqualified woman - who has more baggage than a Delta Airlines carousel at holiday time.

I wouldn't expect anything else.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:31 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
George McGovern ditched Thomas Eagleton in 1972.

Thomas Eagleton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
yeah, and mcgov was swamped in EVERY state except massachusetts & DC!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Boy you people are scared to death!

Tells me you want her to step down because you are afraid of her.
Tells me you can't read posts.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
The BASE are the same swath of mental cretins who have gotten this country into the mess we are in now.

I'm sure "The Base" do indeed adore this unqualified woman - who has more baggage than a Delta Airlines carousel at holiday time.

I wouldn't expect anything else.
I didnt know that McCains' base was the Democratic Congress.. See I learn something knew everyday..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections