Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:57 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,411 times

Advertisements

A few months ago the airwaves were full of hatred for Jamie Lynn Spears, but I've yet to hear anything from Limbo, Hannity, Dr. Laura of any other "know nothing" about the Palin daughter.

Oh, wait, I think I know why. Jamie Lynn Spears is "Hollywood" and therefor an evil **** from a trailer trash family with no moral underpinnings. I guess Bristol is knocked up because............

1. Abstinence only doesn't work, even though scientifically we know it doesn't work people who believe in fairies "know" it does. or

2. An angel of the Lord came to her and told her, "the Lord is with you".

Wow, can you imagine what Elmonellie, ProudCapnMarine and others on here would be posting if this had been a 17 year old Chelsea Clinton. Your screen would have exploded by now.

Typical right wing hypocisy.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 10:01 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,339 times
Good point...
Lets see what Hannity says...he never has done anything wrong...

Old 09-01-2008, 10:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Anyone who would jump on a smear campaign of a minor child -- ah hell, any child regardless of age -- because you don't like their parents politics is low. I don't care if you are ragging on the kids looks, grades, underage drinking (hello bush girls, remember the crap they got for that?) or sexuality it is wrong. It is wrong if you are gossiping about your babysitter to the neighbor or if you are badmouthing a kid because he/she happened to be born to a politician that is not whatever you are.
I would not, have not and will not drag anyones kid into the mud to prove my candidates superiority.

Ron Paul doesn't need that kind of help, nor would he appreciate it

Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,411 times
Camping wrote;
Quote:
Anyone who would jump on a smear campaign of a minor child -- ah hell, any child regardless of age -- because you don't like their parents politics is low.
I agree, but then did you jump on all those I mentioned when they were beating the "Jamie Lynn is evil" drum? Were you defending Chelsea Clinton from Limbaugh and more importantly from McCain when he was trashing her?

I agree that all of this crap should be off limits, and strangely enough now that it's their side that is ******* up the Fox News, Clear Channel Communications, and similar ilk agree too. It's kind of a "road to Damascus" conversion for the right.

golfgod

Old 09-02-2008, 07:54 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,387 times
Many teenage girls who get pregnant have no family support, no health insurance and no money to care for a child. These are desperate circumstances Palin's daughter will never know.

Where has the compassion been for these girls?

This situation is more or less an embarrassment for the Palin family. They will rally together and be fine in the end.

Many other pregnant teens aren't worried about embarrassment but wondering how they can possibly provide a decent life for themselves, let alone a child.

Hopefully some of the new found compassion the right are attempting to display will carry over to those who need it so much more.

I can always hope.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
1. Abstinence only doesn't work
Work's 100%, every time it's practiced.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:58 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,308 times
Quote:
Anyone who would jump on a smear campaign of a minor child -- ah hell, any child regardless of age -- because you don't like their parents politics is low.
I totally agree. So the justification for McCain's joke about Chelsea Clinton being so ugly is??????????????? Remember that little gem from his previous campaign?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:02 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,946 times
There is a big difference b/w Jamie Lyn and Bristol. Jamie Lyn is the star of a very popular tv show for kids with a Y7 rating. My 8 year old has started asking to watch and I watched it with him. It is funny and stupid so I'll let him watch. He doesn't see the mags and shows about her being pregnant so I'm ok with it. For older kids who still watch and are aware, it's something parents have to address b/c she was in the public eye when she got pregnant. Kids know who Jamie Lyn is b/c of who she is and who her sister is. No one knows Bristol. My 8 year old knows who Obama and McCain are but not much more. He's 8 for goodness sake. I don't understand politics so I'm not trying to explain them to him Anyway, I just really think we need to rethink the way we educate and parent kids. They are allowed to do way too much way too soon. Sex is everywhere and they don't seem to realize the consequences even though they see it all the time. Neither of them know what it is to be pregnant and have no help. Bristol is not some poor girl who won't be able to support her child. I don't agree with her marrying the guy though. That will only compound the already difficult situation.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Camping wrote;

I agree, but then did you jump on all those I mentioned when they were beating the "Jamie Lynn is evil" drum? Were you defending Chelsea Clinton from Limbaugh and more importantly from McCain when he was trashing her?

I agree that all of this crap should be off limits, and strangely enough now that it's their side that is ******* up the Fox News, Clear Channel Communications, and similar ilk agree too. It's kind of a "road to Damascus" conversion for the right.

golfgod
Yes, actually -- I thought it was horrible for SNL to portray chelsea with mike myers...I thought is was horrible with Rush limbaugh told a joke about her. As far as JLS --- didn't rag on her either. Though I do wonder why are teens so hell bent on keeping their babies? Why not adoption?

Old 09-02-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
I totally agree. So the justification for McCain's joke about Chelsea Clinton being so ugly is??????????????? Remember that little gem from his previous campaign?
Where do you get that I am for bashing chelsea clinton? Where do you get that I would ever have thought it was funny?
Sorry, I am not a hypocrite, nor a republican, and I am sure as hell not voting for mccain.
Anything else I can disabuse you of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections