U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 AM

24,850 posts, read 31,297,595 times
hahahahahaha

Sarah Palin is essentially the Mayor of San Jose. Oh wait, San Jose has 50% more people than Alaska.

Her experience is very limited at best and she most certainly is NOT the most qualified republican for the job. She isnt even really in the top 100.

But she does have a vagina and she is saved by the blood of Jesus so I guess that makes up for her utter lack of any real foreign policy experience and no experience whatsoever with national security and virtually no experience with economic issues most people can relate to.

Oh, and being next to the Hundreds of miles of icy nothingness that is Siberia is about as significant to Foreign Policy in 2008 as the Louisiana Purchase-sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 AM

2,665 posts, read 2,271,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
So what you're saying is that Sara Palin has more experience than John McCain? Do you realize how embarrasingly stupid these arguments are?
She certainly does. The embarrassingly stupid is the replies.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Geez, do you understand what diversity means??? Or you think that having a bunch wild-never-seen-before creatures in a given state constitutes DIVERSITY.
We're seeing that in liberal lala land diversity translates to African-American. To other, more broadminded people, it encompasses a wide range of people from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:29 AM

2,260 posts, read 2,330,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Ha! Great point.

I'm sure paully'll qualify his answer by using 'logic' to the effect of "McCain's abundant senatorial experience is better than the year and a half of gubernatorial experience Palin has, but Obama only has a few years in the Senate. He has no experience. Palin's tiny bit of executive experience far outweighs Obama's years of federal government and foreign policy experience."
Years matter. Obama has been in the U.S. senate four years, of which he was present about 143 days, and plenty of times didn't even vote when he was there.
Palin was governor 2 years, so we're essentially talking about a 2 year difference. At worst you can say there experience is equivalent. Which still makes the dems presidential candidate no more experience than the repubs vp candidate.
Let's assume you're an Obamatron and drink the kool aid, so the stance is Obama has more experience. Even if this was true it would be marginal at best since it's been one term half of which he's spent running for president.
So then the dem presidential candidate would have marginally more exp than the repubs vp candidate.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 AM

5,137 posts, read 11,425,867 times
either way...obama has none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
People keep talking about Palin's executive experience, but exactly how *big* is Alaska's budget compared to, say, Florida's?
Also, I was a bit weirded out to read about Palin's Secessionist leanings, especially considering McCain's "Country First" theme. But who knows, maybe that perspective would bring something refreshing to her world view.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 AM

3,353 posts, read 1,479,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
She certainly does. The embarrassingly stupid is the replies.
So....you'd rather have her be running for president and McCain be vice president ??

Old 09-02-2008, 11:33 AM

Since when does being in the Senate count for any kind of experience?

Do you guys even know what a Senator does?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
So....you'd rather have her be running for president and McCain be vice president ??
There's a long list of nominees I'd rather see at the top than McCain. . . .

Old 09-02-2008, 12:04 PM

789 posts, read 828,267 times
I posted this in another thread:

Palin
B.S. in Journalism from the University of Idaho minored in Political Science
4 years on city council of Wasilla, Alaska (pop: ~8,471)
6 years as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska
1 year as chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
2 years as Governor of Alaska (pop: ~683,478)

Obama
B.A. in Political Science from Columbia University spec. International Relations
3 years as director of Developing Communities Project in Chicago
J.D. from Harvard
12 years teaching Constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School
8 years as senator of Chicago's 13th district (pop: ~781,037)
2005-Current US Senator of Illinois (pop: ~12,852,548)

I don't like either McCain or Obama; I think they are both tools. Let's just keep the bull**** at the door, k?
It's also noteworthy to point out that there were things I left out for both. Like Palin winning a Miss Wasilla beauty contest and Obama working for a law firm specializing in civil rights litigation and neighborhood economic development.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:07 PM

You forgot to include these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
I posted this in another thread:

Palin
B.S. in Journalism from the University of Idaho minored in Political Science
4 years on city council of Wasilla, Alaska (pop: ~8,471)
6 years as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska Changes made? Yes
1 year as chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
2 years as Governor of Alaska (pop: ~683,478) Changes made? Yes
80% Approval rating from her state.

Obama
B.A. in Political Science from Columbia University spec. International Relations
3 years as director of Developing Communities Project in Chicago
J.D. from Harvard
12 years teaching Constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School
8 years as senator of Chicago's 13th district (pop: ~781,037) Changes made? No!
2005-Current US Senator of Illinois (pop: ~12,852,548) Changes made? No!

I don't like either McCain or Obama; I think they are both tools. Let's just keep the bull**** at the door, k?
It's also noteworthy to point out that there were things I left out for both. Like Palin winning a Miss Wasilla beauty contest and Obama working for a law firm specializing in civil rights litigation and neighborhood economic development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections