U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,470,229 times

Advertisements

Please, take off the hat as well as the tin-foil suit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 01:01 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,503,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
Maybe I need to take off my tinfoil hat, but I think McCain may have picked Palin largely due to the fact that she has a pregnant teenage daughter.

He needed a way to secure the tens of millions of evangelical votes. There has been a lot of talk this year about evangelicals moving towards the democrats, and he needed a way to change their minds.

Pro life evangelicals will now rally around this young girl, who has chosen to "do the right thing", and keep the baby.

I'm no fan of McCain, but I find it HIGHLY unlikely that he and his entire campaign are so incompetent, that they didn't know about this pregnancy, or didn't think it would be a big deal.

I think this is all grand theater, part of well planned script, designed to guarantee the vote of all the ultra-conservatives who don't like really McCain.
If thats' the case then the evangelicals must be the dumbest piece of demographics that ever existed. What are they thinking? I mean who in here would expect McPalin to announce that their daughter is going to terminate her pregnancy and find a new boyfriend. Stupid evangelicals

Old 09-02-2008, 01:17 PM

163 posts, read 832,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Please, take off the hat as well as the tin-foil suit.
I'll be the first to admit it's a far fetched theory. However, isn't it also far fetched to believe that McCain didn't know about this, and/or didn't think it would be a big deal?

Come on people...do you really think this was just ignorance on the part of McCain, and the countless spin doctors he has working on his campaign strategy?

Do you really think McCain's extremely experienced and well paid campaign strategists let this one slip through the cracks?

I'd rather be wearing a tinfoil hat, than drinking the media's Cool-Aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or