U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:09 AM

12,647 posts, read 8,535,138 times
Lightbulb LOOK!! Up in the Sky!! It's a Bird, it's a Plane.....Calling Ron Paul....

McCain in talks with Ron Paul for backing

Tuesday, September 2, 2008
"ST. PAUL, Minn. | The McCain campaign, acting through the Republican National Committee, has been negotiating with Rep. Ron Paul to win his support and acquire the names of his sympathizers among the 4,607 delegates and alternates at the Republican National Convention, according to a senior aide to the Texas congressman.

Sen. McCain and national party strategists worry that Mr. Paul's sympathizers will vote for Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party candidate and former Republican congressman who shares many of Mr. Paul's views.
Mr. Paul has refused to endorse Mr. McCain, and Mr. McCain's operatives have refused to let him address the Republican National Convention."
SOURCE

Hmmm.....

Guess we'll find out what Congressman Paul's supporters stand for....this will be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,834,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
McCain in talks with Ron Paul for backing

Tuesday, September 2, 2008
"ST. PAUL, Minn. | The McCain campaign, acting through the Republican National Committee, has been negotiating with Rep. Ron Paul to win his support and acquire the names of his sympathizers among the 4,607 delegates and alternates at the Republican National Convention, according to a senior aide to the Texas congressman.

Sen. McCain and national party strategists worry that Mr. Paul's sympathizers will vote for Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party candidate and former Republican congressman who shares many of Mr. Paul's views.
Mr. Paul has refused to endorse Mr. McCain, and Mr. McCain's operatives have refused to let him address the Republican National Convention."
SOURCE

Hmmm.....

Guess we'll find out what Congressman Paul's supporters stand for....this will be interesting.
This is a fascinating turn of events..
What an odd alliance that would make! Ron Paul wants us out of Iraq and McCain is content to maybe stay 100 years! Certainly if Paul were allowed to speak at the convention, he would *not* say complimentary things about Bush, which would put McCain in a quandry because of his undeniable closeness to Bush and his policies..
If Paul's the man I think he is, he'll stay pure and keep his delegates close until the bitter end..

Last edited by SarahSal; 09-02-2008 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 09-02-2008, 10:22 AM

Isn't it. The Press will certainly have to give the citizens Congressman Paul's response. This thing is getting more interesting by the day....

His supporters are online as well so there should be a lot of conversation soon...
I imagine his supporters are just waiting.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:25 AM

11,130 posts, read 8,202,106 times
HA HA, the RNC has essentially spit upon Paul and his supporters and not they expect us to just forget and forgive? One of the greatest things I have found about all of us Paulbots, Paulites, Paulophiles is that we have long memories and a stronger conviction than the average pinhead on the street.

Never gonna happen. Do you know why Ron Paul is so thin.... because he doesn't allow special interests to buy his lunch.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
HA HA, the RNC has essentially spit upon Paul and his supporters and not they expect us to just forget and forgive? One of the greatest things I have found about all of us Paulbots, Paulites, Paulophiles is that we have long memories and a stronger conviction than the average pinhead on the street.

Never gonna happen. Do you know why Ron Paul is so thin.... because he doesn't allow special interests to buy his lunch.
Lol...that was a good one. Hey I haven't had a chance to follow up, do you know if they were able to convince the Congressman to issue a statement to his supporters, or agree to speak at the convention?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM

11,130 posts, read 8,202,106 times
Here is another reason I left the Republican Party proper and switched independent, the vicious and disgusting behavior of people proclaiming the higher moral ground.

While I can understand why the RNC might not wish for Ron Paul to speak at the convention, to refuse to allow his group entrance into what has been described as a snore fest? This type of authoritarian jack boot behavior where obedience, loyalty, and fear are the only things this party chants anymore.

Then to add insult on top of all this, John McCain has the audacity to seek out Ron Paul's endorsement for the following reason:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...acking-suppor/

Quote:
He has a donors list of about 180,000 people that Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said would do the McCain campaign no good because the loyalty of those donors is not transferable.
Also

Quote:
While McCain fears the Ron Paul and Bob Barr supporters will suck supporters from voting Republican, what concerns McCain the most is the money to be tapped into from Paul's donor list. The fact that McCain is worried is a sign that things aren't going to hot.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:52 PM

8,193 posts, read 7,401,078 times
Good, I am glad mccains team needs ron paul supporters/donaters. I don't think mccain will get any. This is the best thing for the republican party -- to realize that not all will march to whatever tune they play.
Democrats should take note....their party could also use a good shakeup.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:55 PM

3,964 posts, read 1,952,466 times
If the McCain campaign "acquited" my information from the Paul campaign, Id be very shocked and annoyed.

I dont see it happening though. Paul has said MANY times he would not put his support behind McCain unless he seriously changed is views on his issues.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM

10,525 posts, read 10,602,768 times
The other day I heard an interview where Ron Paul was speaking highly of Obama, mainly his plans for Iraq, but he stopped himself and said "This is not an endorsement!".

They should be clamoring for his endorsement.

edit - here is the link:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...oreign-policy/

Old 09-03-2008, 12:59 PM

382 posts, read 352,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Good, I am glad mccains team needs ron paul supporters/donaters. I don't think mccain will get any. This is the best thing for the republican party -- to realize that not all will march to whatever tune they play.
Democrats should take note....their party could also use a good shakeup.
Too late. It has already happened. Unfortunately Hill and Bill felt the results. [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections