Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:23 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times

Advertisements

Let's see McCain cheated on his first wife and has a questionable relationship with adult children that won't appear with him (or is it just one of the adult kids?). Cindy McCain was a pill popper, which bothers me little, but stealing your pills from a charity? That seems a bit much as she certainly had the money to buy her drugs. Palin's daughter had pre-marital sex, which also bothers me little though I know for Republicans that is traditionally a question of morals, and her future husband engages in underage drinking. Palin's husband has a DUI, and Palin possibly, stress possibly, used her position to try and get her brother-in-law fired.

What are the comparables for the Democratic candidates? Obama--tried drugs, highly questionable choice in churches, which because of the political nature of black churches, especially on the south side of Chicago, is also tied into politics, so that's a bit complicated. Hmmmm, everything that I can think of for Obama, except tried drugs, is tied into politics, which to me is different from the things I listed about the Republican candidates, except for Palin possibly using her position to try and get her brother-in-law fired.

What are the overt moral deficiencies of the two Democratic candidates? And I'm not asking about political affiliations and choices; that's a different topic. I'm asking about straight out questions of morals, as that is typically a major focus for Republicans.

Last edited by helenejen; 09-02-2008 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,106 times
I got your morals for ya right here darlin!

Last edited by kris; 01-10-2014 at 08:29 AM..

Old 09-02-2008, 10:26 AM

Please tell me that is photo-shopped. *L* That can't be true. Around the pool with smokes, beers, bikinis, and guns? Our next potential VP?

Old 09-02-2008, 10:26 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,971,603 times
They're terrible. I have a transcript of George Bush's brother testifying in his own divorce trial about contracting VD from asian hookers...

But the Southern fried lemmings are all ga-ga about how "moral" they are.

Vote for Family Values and bend over.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 AM

Yes, if there were less emphasis by Republicans on the Republican Party being the last bastion of family values and morality, I would be bothered less by this.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
They're terrible. I have a transcript of George Bush's brother testifying in his own divorce trial about contracting VD from asian hookers...

But the Southern fried lemmings are all ga-ga about how "moral" they are.

Vote for Family Values and bend over.

"Family values" the whole GOP is full of nothing but hypocrites...they talk and talk but have more skeletons in their closets than any normal Americans

Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM

857 posts, read 2,001,736 times
GOP - the "Do as I say, not as I do" party....

Old 09-02-2008, 10:33 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
GOP - the "Do as I say, not as I do" party....
That's just politicians in general.

John Edwards
Bill Clinton

Neither is a poster child for monogamy.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 AM

No, my comments were just about the current presidential and VP candidates. But I agree that politicians are a notorious sexual bunch--Craig soliciting sex in a restroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
That's just politicians in general.

John Edwards
Bill Clinton

Neither is a poster child for monogamy.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:38 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Let's see McCain cheated on his first wife and has a questionable relationship with adult children that won't appear with him (or is it just one of the adult kids?). Cindy McCain was a pill popper, which bothers me little, but stealing your pills from a charity? That seems a bit much as she certainly had the money to buy her drugs. Palin's daughter had pre-marital sex, which also bothers me little though I know for Republicans that is traditionally a question of morals, and her future husband engages in underage drinking. Palin's husband has a DUI, and Palin possibly, stress possibly, used her position to try and get her brother-in-law fired.

What are the comparables for the Democratic candidates? Obama--tried drugs, highly questionable choice in churches, which because of the political nature of black churches, especially on the south side of Chicago, is also tied into politics. Hmmmm, everything that I can think of for Obama is tied into politics, which to me is different from the things I listed about the Republican candidates, except for Palin possibly using her position to try and get her brother-in-law fired.

What are the overt moral deficiencies of the two Democratic candidates? And I'm not asking about political affiliations and choices; that's a different topic. I'm asking about straight out questions of morals, as that is typically a major focus for Republicans.
Well when you speak of Republicans or Democrats, you are speaking of not just the politicians but all those people who comprise their given party affiliations. I have no doubt that there are a large number of both Republican and Democrat affiliated people who are exceptionally moral and decent, and probably nearly as many who are not.

In the case of Republicans who have touted moral standing as one of their cornerstones, I say it is more along the lines of moral relativism than absolute. Politics is a dirty business so if you wish to wear a moral feather in your cap, you better keep your nose clean, too bad the moral relativist rationalize immorality out of simple political party expedience, because the irony is that they will lose this argument by attempting to do so.

If a person wishes for morals, they should look to politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections