Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:41 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times

Advertisements

McCain--
Would be good in a war. Could take the years of bottled up rage and put it somewhere destructive.
Expressing anger--less chance of hypertension.
Proactive with his frequent check ups for skin cancer.
Has a wife who is fashion conscious.

Obama--
Seems intelligent and caring. Seems pretty "real" for a politician.
Has a vision and ideas that can shape a new America. Puts a fresh vibe in an old staunchy White House.
Health care plan--something we finally need. Kinks will have to be worked out like any new program.
Tax breaks for most of us.
Environmentally conscious.
Willing to work with other, esp. foreign leaders/countries where we sorely need to enhance our standing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 05:09 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
Obama is a gentleman who honors his marriage vows. Obama did not apply for a marriage licenses while he was still married. Obama married a smart woman who keeps his ego in check and plays Devil's Advocate to his ideas. Obama graduated near the top of his class with honors. He understands money; his father was an economist. He understands people. Thanks to his mother and grandparents he had a wonderfully varied education. He reminds me of a young Jack Kennedy.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:19 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Ok enough garbage about either one.

Let's post good reasons why you should vote for Obama or McCain.
Voting for Obama because he's not Republican isn't positive or a good reason to vote for the guy. Voting for McCain because of his good looks isn't a good reason either.

Let's post at least 1 good reason/qualification for either one w/out smearing the other. Let's also not try to duplicate the answers.
My vote for McCain will be based on taxes on small business that Obama desires to impose. For a very detailed explanation, please see the second half of this post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post5793169

Old 10-21-2008, 05:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Positives...For me here goes.

McCain:

He has committeed much of his life to public service.
In the past he has reached across party lines which has resulted in legislation. (McCain-Feingold)
He is a staunch supporter of free trade.

Obama:

He is intellegent and eminently capable.
He has demonstrated a good work ethic both at The Harvard Law review and as a Senator.
He is pro-choice.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:33 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Per the OP's request:
Sen. John McCain... I do believe that he will uphold the Constitution as it was written and not try to change it. I also believe that he will support middle America and not 'spread the wealth around'. Foremost is the security of this great country and I again believe that Sen. McCain will be aware and seek to continue to keep us safe as has President George Bush has these last 8 years. Sen.McCain has shown in the past that he is not a radical extremist on the far right. I admire his choice of Gov. Palin for his running mate. So far these are 'positive' remarks. I will not post anything negative.

Sen. Barack Obama: A young man with vision. However It does differ from my vision of this country. He is an eloquent and charismatic speaker. Reminds me of Pres. Bill Clinton in that respect. He has the ability to tell people just what they want to hear. Amazing! Again, nothing negative here. I just do not desire Sen. Obama to be my President at this time. Perhaps in another 8 years when he has had additional experience in the Senate, he will be ready for this office.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:38 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Obama.
1.)Seems to be a Christian with good moral values.

2.) His education.Columbia,Harvard.His wasn't "given" to him by gifts/donations from his dad like some pols we could mention.

3.) He has a good outlook on life that comes across as sincere and doesn't seem to be burdened with years of "the good 'ol boy" networking attitude.

4.) Seems to be the most "steady at the wheel" of the candidates by far and I would trust him to make a war time decision a million times more than McCain.

5.) Joe Biden as his running mate.

6.) He seems to be way more "America first" than McCain does.

I do not agree with his views on illegal immigration,gun ownership rights and a few other issues,but I find common ground on many other key issues.

McCain.

1.) Deficit reduction

2.) Earmarks

I find very little,if any common ground with McCain.I do not agree with his views on SARAH PALIN, illegal immigration,gun owners rights,Iraq,free trade,deregulation,healh care issues,minimum wage,fair labor practices etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections