Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:11 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times

Advertisements

BTW OP was it ok that Edwards was a potential widower single father in the white house with small children and a BIMBO on the side.

Was it OK that he dragged her around with incurable cancer for his own horney needs?

Double standard or WHAT? And let me remind you JFK had his small kids under his desk while he worked.

you democrats are the biggest woman haters and chauvinists of all. You only like your agenda and if it relates to women ok. whatever...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 02:16 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Give me a break. A Mother no matter how seccessful you are in whatever you do you protect your children. You let your goals sometimes go to the wayside. I as a Mother would never put my child in the public eye at 17 if she was pregnant. I would not want my child to be talkeed about anywhere. I wouldn't want her picture put anywhere. Palin made this choice that is all I'm saying knowing that her 17 teenage daughter would be dragged through the mud. I know you all know what saying if you are a Mother. You just don't want to admit it and it may show her skills to make decisions. Along with John McCains ability to make a decision. I 'm not talking about it it is all over and it isn;t people saying that Oh my God what a ***** teen. It is about why her Mother would put her child in this light.
But!!!!!!! These so called conservatives that are now putting Palin up on a pedestal (no doubt to look up her skirt ... did I just say that), are the same people who decry the teaching of sex ed in schools, decry those immoral lib-ruls who want a condom on every hoo-hoo dilly and a protective film around every girl's egg, but yet, are now applauding this knocked up teenager because she's keeping the baby??? What about abstinence??? Isn't that their mantra? Wonder if her and her dad had one of those chastity ceremonies??? Someone needs to look that up!!!

The lunacy around this whole McPalin issue abounds!!! I can't even laugh anymore.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:17 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
John Kennediy and this situation wasn't I 100% agree that what John Edwards did was was terrible to his family and wife. Again he made a choice and his family paid a price. I think when the issue of John Edwards came along it was because like many in politics and in the public eye they become so full of themself that what they need comes before those they love. Great example with my point and John Edwards. The point is will this daughter pay a price for her Mothers gain. That is the point.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:20 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
John Kennediy and this situation wasn't I 100% agree that what John Edwards did was was terrible to his family and wife. Again he made a choice and his family paid a price. I think when the issue of John Edwards came along it was because like many in politics and in the public eye they become so full of themself that what they need comes before those they love. Great example with my point and John Edwards. The point is will this daughter pay a price for her Mothers gain. That is the point.
And that's wrong that Bristol is going to bear the brunt of her hypocrisy.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:21 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
.... Hide from the record and deflect. What a shameful way to present your platform...
What crap. The GOP game plan this year is to hide their pitiful record, deflect all talk of the issues that face this nation, and run on personalities. That is from the mouth of McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis. See the story at:
McCain Manager: 'This Election is Not About Issues' - The Fix

Old 09-02-2008, 02:26 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
The point is will this daughter pay a price for her Mothers gain. That is the point.
So Palin should just stay home and bake cookies? Is 48 your age or is it 84?!

Thank you domergirl that is some of what I'm saying. If it was anyone elees kids or television then the this party would come out and say this and that. You can't have it both ways. Protect your own and damm the rest of us. As for the other point I give up. Obama's girls weren't pregnant before he took the nomination. Again for the many times that not anyone could respond to her putting her daughter in this situation in the public eye and pregnant isn't the best decision as a parent. I will leave that to believe you know that but don't want to say. It isn't a women or man issue it is parent issue.

1,881 posts, read 2,685,050 times
Al Gores son was arrested for DWI and other problems and everyone said it was none of our business.
This is ridiculous to even keep this going, it is none of our business about the kids and what they are doing.
If this was Chelsea Clinton they would be counting the new baby as a new voter and would be all over it.
Peoples character is showing through when they attack kids like they have here and in the media.
The same people talking about this had nothing but problems with their own kids and have the guts to say something about this.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:30 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
What crap. The GOP game plan this year is to hide their pitiful record, deflect all talk of the issues that face this nation, and run on personalities. That is from the mouth of McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis. See the story at:
McCain Manager: 'This Election is Not About Issues' - The Fix
They have nothing to hide. Bush will be speaking; tune in to learn something.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:38 PM

I was going to not post again but excuse me let me be the fist to say that I have 7 children three who are older than 22. I'm not a Grandmother. That neither shows that I'm a better parent than those who have teens as parents. When you love your chiild you will protect them in any way you can. This poor girl at 17 can't go on the internet, watch news shows without hearing about herself. She will I'm sure be on tabliods. Being a teen parent doesn't come without risks. Why would you throw your own child into that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections