Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin Jokes: Is McCain’s V.P. Making Politics Funny Again? -- Daily Intel -- New York News Blog -- New York Magazine
"She does know about international relations because she is right up there in Alaska, right next-door to Russia." — Fox News' Steve Doocy "When you think about it, Alaska is also near the North Pole, so she must also be friends with Santa." —Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 07:19 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
that was funny. i think it was someone from fox who said that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Sarah Palin Jokes: Is McCain’s V.P. Making Politics Funny Again? -- Daily Intel -- New York News Blog -- New York Magazine
"She does know about international relations because she is right up there in Alaska, right next-door to Russia." — Fox News' Steve Doocy "When you think about it, Alaska is also near the North Pole, so she must also be friends with Santa." —Jon Stewart

Old 09-02-2008, 07:21 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,676 times
Can someone confirmed that she has never traveled outside the country, because I find that unbelievable.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
Not sure, but they don't give us access to passport records.

You can watch this video instead.

YouTube - Obama: Let My Wife Attack America, But U Can't Attack MyWife

Sure attack a 17yr old girl...and Palin...but don't attack my wife.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:30 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Default Joe Biden's Been in the Senate for 30 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
and I'm sure you heard of Biden before he was picked also right?

lol
Joe Biden's Been in the Senate for 30 Years. He's been interviewed on TV many, many times, as well as running for President. Sounds like you aren't up on politics. Time to start reading the newspaper!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Default Just got her passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Can someone confirmed that she has never traveled outside the country, because I find that unbelievable.
Yes, she just last year got her very first passport when she went overseas for some government event, maybe something to do with the National Guard. So she's really interested in world affairs, isn't she????

Old 09-03-2008, 08:40 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Joe Biden's Been in the Senate for 30 Years. He's been interviewed on TV many, many times, as well as running for President. Sounds like you aren't up on politics. Time to start reading the newspaper!
Yup.

It sort of blows my head how people first heard of Palin four or five days ago and are now SCREAMING about how incredibly exemplary she is for the job.

And you all know this...how?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:42 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yup.

It sort of blows my head how people first heard of Palin four or five days ago and are now SCREAMING about how incredibly exemplary she is for the job.

And you all know this...how?

Because we know she has as much ---if not more---"experience" as the Democrat's pick for the #1 spot.

Why do you think Obama chose Biden in the first place? The "leader" needs on the job training from his #2.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:47 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Because we know she has as much ---if not more---"experience" as the Democrat's pick for the #1 spot.
And the quality of this experience is...? What you've "heard" so far is basically a resume (and we all know how we present ourselves on a resume). May I ask exactly how long have you been "researching" your own VP candidate? Again...four days? Five days? But from what you've "heard", you're ready to stake your country on this person.

Gotta love it.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
I think the thing here is that the McCain camp has basically had the experience factor front and center of the talking points on why not to elect Barack Obama (since campaigning in this country is not about why you should vote for me but why you shouldn't vote for the other guy), and now that's out the window. Sure, Palin is a VP candidate while Obama is a presidential candidate, but at McCain's age I consider Palin to be of essentially equal standing. Every president since Reagan has been a spring chicken, relatively speaking, and Reagan barely made it through his eight years despite being younger than McCain today when elected in 1980.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections