Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the Republican Party have an Agenda to address the rising number of Homeless Citizens
Yes. They're aware of the issue and have campaigned on this. 13 20.00%
No. It's not something I've heard them speak about. 52 80.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 04:39 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Do you really care? Obviously, you just hope Republicans will post responses so you have something to argue with them about, and you hope Democrats will post so you can feel better about yourself and your opinion.

Instead of baiting people all the time, why don't you just express your opinion and be done with it?

Annoying.
My opinion is that if one endorses a particular Party, they should know and understand that party's platform. Rarely do I pose a question I have not researched beforehand and so I am quite amused when I can defend your position better than you. Instead of "tuckering" why not address the thread? Is it so intimidating to understand the issues before us from both parties? How can one make an educated decision from a partisan position?

The thread topic is -
Does the Republican Party have a platform to address the rising number of homeless citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 04:40 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
As far as the GOP is concerned, if you aren't in that 1-2% of wealthiest Americans, you can bend over, real far, then tuck your head between your legs - and kiss your ass goodbye.

As I've been saying for years, the GOP program for the other 98% of us is the YOYO concept: You're On Your Own.

Make no mistake, 98% of us do not have a friend in the White House, we are covered under the YOYO Plan, nothing more.

As far as the GOP is concerned, the homeless can go eat sh!it and die, and that's how they see the rest of us too.
------------
Though I agree with you unless Obama starts dealing with specifics GOP will take White House.

Obama better start talking about things like you stated

But he better get the message out there . He seem's not the same as month's ago.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:41 PM

Thumbs up excellent question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
And how have the Dems addressed the issue?

Face it: Most homeless people either have mental issues or are substance abusers, or both. No political party can help. They have to want to help themselves first.
That's an excellent question and I'm certain if you started a thread to discuss this many would join in and comment. The topic of this thread however is -

Does the Republican Party have a platform to address the rising number of homeless citizens?

Old 09-02-2008, 04:41 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
Probably not but I wouldn't count on my part or the Democrats to help out the homeless people.

We as citizens should do it for our own cities. If nobody here does it themselves, then you need to start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
My opinion is that if one endorses a particular Party, they should know and understand that party's platform. Rarely do I pose a question I have not researched beforehand and so I am quite amused when I can defend your position better than you. Instead of "tuckering" why not address the thread? Is it so intimidating to understand the issues before us from both parties? How can one make an educated decision from a partisan position?

The thread topic is -

Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Rarely do I pose a question I have not researched beforehand and so I am quite amused when I can defend your position better than you.
Thank you for confirming what I said. You bait people, and all you care about is one-upping, rather than finding out the information to help others.

Nice.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:46 PM

Obama seems to be bouncing back an forth with views just to please his voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
------------
Though I agree with you unless Obama starts dealing with specifics GOP will take White House.

Obama better start talking about things like you stated

But he better get the message out there . He seem's not the same as month's ago.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:51 PM

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Thank you for confirming what I said. You bait people, and all you care about is one-upping, rather than finding out the information to help others.

Nice.
Now that you've established the fact that you appreciate those who research both parties platforms, allow me to ask - when will you answer the thread topic or do you intend to "tucker" us all night? If you have information by all means present it so that we can debate the merit of the GOP's plan and agenda to help the Homeless. If nothing else you will have presented many (by the poll thus far) with information they do not have, or have not seen.

The thread topic is - Does the Republican Party have a platform to address the rising number of homeless citizens?

Old 09-02-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Obama seems to be bouncing back an forth with views just to please his voters.
Interesting. This thread has nothing to do with Senator Obama and instead asks -

Old 09-02-2008, 04:55 PM

Walid - she already answered you. Now stay on topic.

Quote:

Nice.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:19 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
From some of the posts on here I believe they have a solution that will result in a final conclusion to the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections