Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Candidate has the best platform to address the needs of the TROOPS returning from Wars?
Senator McCain, clearly has the best policy and plan for the troops overseas. 2 22.22%
Senator Obama, has the best policy to address the needs of our returning troops. 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 03:19 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times

Advertisements

Pretty sad that not very many people know.....but I bet people know:

Obamas drug use
Mccains infidelity
How many homes the Mccain's (his wife) own
Bidens age
Palins family issues
etc........

What are the issues these candidates care about and what are their platforms. It will be nice to see that when it comes out.= instead of all of the other BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 03:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post

Obamas drug use
Mccains infidelity
Bidens age
Palins family issues
etc........

What are the issues these candidates care about and what are their platforms. It will be nice to see that when it comes out.= instead of all of the other BS.
Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
This is the problem I have with comments like these. I am a veteran and I do approve this message: Our military should be honored, not made out to be some video game player. They have come home in body bags, they have come home dismembered and wounded for a cause. On Sept 11th, 3,000 innocent lives were lost and over 3,000 military lives were lost. Just because you are sitting home at your computer, doesn't mean they are wasting their time. I would prefer my tax dollars go to our military men and women who are mothers, fathers, sons and daughters than to a person who is too lazy to work, to enhance themselves on a new career, or just because they think it is owed to them.
AMEN!!!!!!! I agree completely. As for those who say it is hurting retention...is that the way you want to play it? Do you really want to go there? DO you want to #1. Claim that our brave troops are just fighting and dying so that they can get a couple of years at college???? #2. Do you really desire to keep people dodging bullets at the behest of bloodhungry warmongers by not providing them ANYTHING to come home to?

Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
They volunteered to go there and you want me to throw money at them because it wasn't like the video game?
This is like saying all those people who worked for Enron deserved to lose everything because they worked for Kenneth Lay.

Our service people know full well what they are signing up for. Is it too much to ask that their 'employers' not take advantage of their dedication by sacrificing them on an altar of lies and deceit?

Whoever has the proven record of voting FOR our troops, gets my vote.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:45 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This is like saying all those people who worked for Enron deserved to lose everything because they worked for Kenneth Lay.
That's exactly right. Their moral, ethical and legal obligations to others were not suspended just because they got a paycheck from Enron.

Same for all those loan officers out of a job, well they can suck pond water. The next time they see predatory lending practices, unethical dealings or actions that are illegal or immoral maybe they'll open up their freaking mouths and say something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Our service people know full well what they are signing up for. Is it too much to ask that their 'employers' not take advantage of their dedication by sacrificing them on an altar of lies and deceit?
So you're saying Bush should have violated Title 18 USC 763?

And then you'd be crying to impeach him for violating the law.

No president has an obligation to disclose to you the plans and operations relating to long term US geo-strategy.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:58 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,608 times
Why does this thread looks so...familiar??!!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:25 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
They volunteered to go there and you want me to throw money at them because it wasn't like the video game?
No. I want you to answer the thread topic.

The topic of this thread is -
Which Candidate has the best platform to address the needs of the TROOPS returning from Wars?

Old 09-02-2008, 04:29 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC

YouTube - Obama: Don't Bring The Troops Home

Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post

Obamas drug use
Mccains infidelity
Bidens age
Palins family issues
etc........

Thank you for responding however you have not addressed the topic of this thread. The thread topic is -
Which Candidate has the best platform to address the needs of the TROOPS returning from Wars?

You may certainly explain why you believe your candidate is the better choice based upon his platform and past record of support; however, please address the thread topic to respect those who may not wish to engage in a flame War, but but would like to hear another point of view.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:50 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times
Well to address the best platform you have to address the history of the candidate.

Or else any candidate can come up with a plan OR come up with a plan just to please the voters.

If you see my other post you will see Obama stating that we should NOT withdraw troops, and form a reconstruction plan.

He said he never supported Bush or the war....that video says otherwise.

Best Platform should also mean who's more believable to deliver it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections