Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times

Advertisements

there was nothing that said they were denying them heat. give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
It's a problem because that happened in Alaska of all places......the weather there goes far beyond negative 40 degrees. If you really got some sense in your head you wouldn't be slashing funding for teen moms' housing needs in the state of Alaska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Typical republican message and shortsightedness.

Not everyone IS a good and responsible parent.

So then a lot of kids are left to fend for themselves.
In a previous post did I not say if the teen has no family then we must help her and the child? Why should the families of the teens involved be spared paying a share? Its their children.. Its their grand child about to be born. Its their child and grand child who will need indefinite help.
Maybe if parents had to pay up a little more often a little more effort would be made in teaching their children to use protection when they feel they just can't live without sex. Just a thought.
I used protection until married because I knew my father would not be all to happy with his son's lack of for thought. No I didn't fear my dad physically I feared his disappointment. I respected my father.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Palin slashed funding for teen moms
And that's bad because. . .
....not every knocked up teen with a loser boyfriend has a mom who's a governor.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:39 PM

86 posts, read 190,242 times
I can't knock her for that one. There are way too many young girls having babies thinking i can get free government housing, my baby daddy can stay with me (and not work), medicaid, food stamps, etc. Maybe if someone tells them there's a time limit and they won't get taken care of for the rest of their lives they would stop making all these babies they can't take care of.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
....not every knocked up teen with a loser boyfriend has a mom who's a governor.
And not allparents of knocked teens should be let off the hook for their childrens behavior. If they have the resourses, insurance money, a spare bedroom then they should own some of the costs associated with their children.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:44 PM

62 posts, read 36,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitalemnicka22 View Post
I can't knock her for that one. There are way too many young girls having babies thinking i can get free government housing, my baby daddy can stay with me (and not work), medicaid, food stamps, etc. Maybe if someone tells them there's a time limit and they won't get taken care of for the rest of their lives they would stop making all these babies they can't take care of.
Ahem, *cough*, there is a time limit. At least in New York anyway. You've got 5 years to get off the Dole, period.

Pretty red of a blue state, aint it?

Old 09-02-2008, 07:48 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Palin slashed funding for teen moms
And that's bad because. . .
Raising a child on the street would endanger the child, promote crime and just be plain ole dumb.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitalemnicka22 View Post
So the best thing to do, then, is to only decide to be completely irresponsible if you have rich parents, or a parent who has recently become famous, hence making a runaway boyfriend suddenly come running back to share the spotlight?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:50 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And not allparents of knocked teens should be let off the hook for their childrens behavior. If they have the resourses, insurance money, a spare bedroom then they should own some of the costs associated with their children.
Should, yes.

But do they always?

Which is pretty much the whole point.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Should, yes.

But do they always?

Which is pretty much the whole point.
The point is the state should go after them with the same zeal they persue dead beat dads.. For that matter with the same zeal they go after dads wh aren't dead beats.
Parents get off the hook far to often. My daughter gets pregnant? Well it doesn't change that she's my daughter does it? I love my girl no matter what. This dad won't shirk his duty.
No parent should be allowed to. They don't want the kid? They disown their daughter? Too bad open your wallet. The state has no problem putting the screws to a father who has a good job. They should be the same about a teen whose parents have money too.
This is why I think Planned parenthood should be required to inform parents if children come to them for service. Parents need to know if their children are sexually active. How can help prevent an unwanted pregnancy if we aren't allowed in loop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections