U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
 
1,613 posts, read 1,631,391 times
Reputation: 476

Advertisements

HOLD UP. Republicans please don't put words in other ppl's mouth.

Democrats have nothing against white ppl, take a look at their convention. They have lots of white ppl.
However the big difference with the democrat convention and republican's is this:

At the Democrat's convention, their old white folks hang out with young folks, with black folks, with Asian folks, with mixed couples, with folks of different backgrounds.

At the Republican convention, old white folks hang out with old white folks, and also with other white folks, but also other old white folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
23,932 posts, read 20,274,783 times
Reputation: 11212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
One thing I noticed, Fred Thompson has as much charisma as a freaking tortoise. I actually nodded off a few times during his speech.
The guy is absolutely electrifying compared to Joe Lieberman. You Repugs can have him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
23,932 posts, read 20,274,783 times
Reputation: 11212
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
The same people who shop at Wal Mart and who the Democrats make fun of while pretending to *stand up* for them. Can't have it both ways folks, or maybe the working people who "get sheet done in this country" are just the people you love to hate.

They get "sheet" done all right............they get it done in their finest white sheets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore
1,827 posts, read 1,604,351 times
Reputation: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Some folks just never will understand or believe that not everyone thinks like them. Some folks just don't get it that, while they are still hanging on to their confederate flags, the rest of us have long ago moved on. Some folks don't get that we don't view different as bad. Some folks don't get that most of us know that we have a lot more in common with people of different races that think and believe as we do than we do people of our same race that think and believe in a way we never could...or would. Some folks don't get that we just don't think race is a big deal...we don't care about our pigmentation....we care about our minds and hearts. And some people don't get that when we hear ignorant racist statements we are just so thankful that they come from people in the other camp.
Sorry lady, I have NO guilt, NEVER owned a Reb flag, NEVER owned a slave, NEVER discriminated on someone because of their color, NEVER went out of my way to disparage someone because of their color, DON'T like Merle Haggard OR Charlie pride and NEVER really cared what color people are. What DOES bother me is when 92% of a certain race vote for someone because he IS half black that does seem rather racist to me. It DOES bother me that this half black messiah DID listen to a racist animal on the pulpet for 20 years and refused to condemn him UNTIL HE HAD TO. This same half black messiah went to see Louie Farakook who is NO DIFFERENT then David Duke. I wouldn't walk across the street to see either of them or pi$$ on either if they were on fire, would you? Now if you want to talk ignorance, go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore
1,827 posts, read 1,604,351 times
Reputation: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
They get "sheet" done all right............they get it done in their finest white sheets.
You must be talking about that senator Byrd guy and Owlgores father again. They don't like colored folk you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
12,149 posts, read 6,279,313 times
Reputation: 5498
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Oh gotcha. Ok thanks. But just not the white ones then? Or the old ones?
That sounds like you are adding a racial component to your argument.

Actually, it sounds more like a racial bias on your part.

No wonder you dont like Obama and prefer the old white guy.

Thats another thing about Repugs, many support McCain because of the color of his skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Boise
4,420 posts, read 3,515,701 times
Reputation: 1656
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Sorry lady, I have NO guilt, NEVER owned a Reb flag, NEVER owned a slave, NEVER discriminated on someone because of their color, NEVER went out of my way to disparage someone because of their color, DON'T like Merle Haggard OR Charlie pride and NEVER really cared what color people are. What DOES bother me is when 92% of a certain race vote for someone because he IS half black that does seem rather racist to me. It DOES bother me that this half black messiah DID listen to a racist animal on the pulpet for 20 years and refused to condemn him UNTIL HE HAD TO. This same half black messiah went to see Louie Farakook who is NO DIFFERENT then David Duke. I wouldn't walk across the street to see either of them or pi$$ on either if they were on fire, would you? Now if you want to talk ignorance, go for it.
wow that's some bitterness... basically saying obama isn't even worth being pissed on by you huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
23,932 posts, read 20,274,783 times
Reputation: 11212
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Sorry lady, I have NO guilt, NEVER owned a Reb flag, NEVER owned a slave, NEVER discriminated on someone because of their color, NEVER went out of my way to disparage someone because of their color, DON'T like Merle Haggard OR Charlie pride and NEVER really cared what color people are. What DOES bother me is when 92% of a certain race vote for someone because he IS half black that does seem rather racist to me. It DOES bother me that this half black messiah DID listen to a racist animal on the pulpet for 20 years and refused to condemn him UNTIL HE HAD TO. This same half black messiah went to see Louie Farakook who is NO DIFFERENT then David Duke. I wouldn't walk across the street to see either of them or pi$$ on either if they were on fire, would you? Now if you want to talk ignorance, go for it.

How many black candidates for office have you voted for? And if you think Farrakhan is no different than David Duke, I have little confidence in the education you received. Something about those American public schools that have been underfunded for years now.............Of course, you have nothing to say about McCain's seeking out the racist pig John Hagee...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Monroe, NC
2,561 posts, read 3,940,138 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
The guy is absolutely electrifying compared to Joe Lieberman. You Repugs can have him.
Sunil's Dad - I'd like to thank the Republicans for this convention. It's helping to lower pharmaceutical costs as we watch! Who needs Ambien? I'm feeling comatose already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
LML
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,090 posts, read 5,359,713 times
Reputation: 5045
Gee WOG, I guess the constant reference to black folks as "colored" and the name you use to call Senator Obama before it was stopped must have confused me. And since 92% of black folks always vote Democratic I would have found it astonishing if they quit doing so just because the candidate was black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top