Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times

Advertisements

The Washington Post just released a story stating that, despite what McCain's bunch have been saying, the vetting of Palin DID NOT TAKE PLACE UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE SHE WAS SELECTED and, in fact, McCain's people did not even go up to Alaska to check on what Palin told them UNTIL THE DAY SHE WAS SELECTED.

People think about that. This woman could end up being our president and we don't have a thing in the world to say about her choice. We don't VOTE for who should be selected as Vice President. ONLY ONE PERSON makes that decision...the presidential nominee. He is basically put in the position where he can select the president of the U.S. all by himself. AND THIS IS THE AMOUNT OF THOUGHT HE PUT INTO IT?????? THIS IS THE AMOUNT OF CARE HE TOOK IN MAKING SUCH AN IMPORTANT DECISION??? THIS IS HOW SERIOUSLY HE TAKES SUCH AWESOME RESPONSIBILITY?????? You go ahead and spin it anyway you want. But if you are really willing to put the fate of our country into such careless hands, then party really does mean more than patriotism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,539 times
Ask yourself this...how much do you know about Obama???

Old 09-02-2008, 09:47 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
The Washington Post just released a story stating that, despite what McCain's bunch have been saying, the vetting of Palin DID NOT TAKE PLACE UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE SHE WAS SELECTED and, in fact, McCain's people did not even go up to Alaska to check on what Palin told them UNTIL THE DAY SHE WAS SELECTED.

People think about that.
It's the Washington Compost!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

People think about that. This woman could end up being our president and we don't have a thing in the world to say about her choice. We don't VOTE for who should be selected as Vice President. ONLY ONE PERSON makes that decision...the presidential nominee. He is basically put in the position where he can select the president of the U.S. all by himself. AND THIS IS THE AMOUNT OF THOUGHT HE PUT INTO IT?????? THIS IS THE AMOUNT OF CARE HE TOOK IN MAKING SUCH AN IMPORTANT DECISION??? THIS IS HOW SERIOUSLY HE TAKES SUCH AWESOME RESPONSIBILITY?????? You go ahead and spin it anyway you want. But if you are really willing to put the fate of our country into such careless hands, then party really does mean more than patriotism.
That's not what the article says, read it for yourself at Aides Say Team Interviewed Palin Late in the Process - washingtonpost.com

It was the interview that took place before the selection, along with an interview with Tim Pawlenty, governor of Minnesota. The background checking and vetting had been going on for weeks like it was for all the other options.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:

Oh, please, give me a break. You have his top lawyer (vetter) saying exactly what they did. I know this is the "new" talking point of the media, but it's just stupid. Of course she was vetted. Nothing that has come out about her FAMILY disqualifies her at all. It's all just really petty, stupid stuff and if you want to believe that McCain would just call her up the night before and invite her on the ticket, no amount of facts and evidence can prove otherwise.

I smell fear.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Splinter,
Obama has been vetted as a candidate for what 1/2 year now. Perhaps you think the current administration and the Republican Party are unable to ferret out the sinister things you allude to about him. Is that what you are trying to say? That the Republicans are completely incompetent? That seems a bit harsh.

Last edited by helenejen; 09-02-2008 at 10:00 PM..

Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, please, give me a break. You have his top lawyer (vetter) saying exactly what they did. I know this is the "new" talking point of the media, but it's just stupid. Of course she was vetted. Nothing that has come out about her FAMILY disqualifies her at all. It's all just really petty, stupid stuff and if you want to believe that McCain would just call her up the night before and invite her on the ticket, no amount of facts and evidence can prove otherwise.

I smell fear.
They lied. It is just that plain and just that simple. And as the proof of their lies continue to trickle out more and more people will have to face the fact that they have, once again, been lied to by their republican keepers.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 PM

ST. PAUL, Minn., Sept. 2 -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was not subjected to a lengthy in-person background interview with the head of Sen. John McCain's vice presidential vetting team until last Wednesday in Arizona, the day before McCain asked her to be his running mate, and she did not disclose the fact that her 17-year-old daughter was pregnant until that meeting, two knowledgeable McCain officials acknowledged Tuesday.

So how is this any different from what I said?

Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Splinter,
Obama has been vetted as a candidate for what 1/2 year now. Perhaps you think the current administration and the Republican Party is unable to ferret out the sinister things you allude to about him. Is that what you are trying to say? That the Republicans are completely incompetent? That seems a bit harsh.
I'm not alluding anything sinister about him. Just b/c I disagree with his politics doesn't mean I agree with the nuts that say he'll force us all to wear turbins if elected.

Good grief...just b/c I feel that I don't know a whole lot about a man that has only been on the world scene for a short time doesn't mean I think he's some kind of terrorist sympathizer.

By lumping all Republicans into the EXTREME NUTJOB category, you are no better than those nuts that say those extremist things about Obama.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
He's just like Bush. He's not into governing. Actually doing the job of President. He doesn't concern himself with routines such as vetting.

He thinks he should just be annointed for being so damn brave and moral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections